Transfer student admission checklist


As an admitted transfer student at the University of Nevada, Reno, follow the steps below to be guided through the admission process. Make sure you keep track of all admission materials and deadlines for enrollment. If you have any questions, contact our admissions team:

Local phone: (775) 784-4700, option 1
Toll-free phone: (866) 263-8332

What to do after you are admitted as a transfer student

  • Step One: Activate your MyNEVADA account
    • Activate your MyNEVADA account. Your MyNEVADA username and password will be different than the username and password you created to submit an application to the University.
    • Create your MyNEVADA profile. After clicking on activate account, you'll be prompted to create your MyNEVADA profile. Complete the fields on this page and click "Submit."
    • Create your MyNEVADA password. After creating your profile, you will need to create a MyNEVADA password.

    Activate your MyNEVADA account

    Need assistance? We have an online help section for MyNEVADA users.

  • Step Two: Submit supplemental official college transcripts

    Official transcripts from any college work completed since you were admitted are required to be sent to the University. You may mail them or hand-deliver them to the University.

    Mail. Official transcripts may be sent to the following address:

    University of Nevada, Reno
    Admissions & Records
    MS 0120
    Reno, NV 89557-0120

    Hand-deliver. Official transcripts may be hand-delivered to the Office of Admissions and Records, located on the second floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services building.

  • Step Three: Accept admission to the University

    After your application has been evaluated for admission and you've been accepted, you will receive an admission packet with a letter informing you of your acceptance. Your next step is to accept or decline your admission offer to the University of Nevada, Reno.

    Accepting admission to the University is a non-binding decision.

    You may accept or decline admission in MyNEVADA. In order to accept admissions, you must first activate your MyNEVADA user account.

    Accepting admission to the University

    Log-into MyNEVADA. The first step is to log-in to MyNEVADA using your NSHE ID and password. Once you log-in, you will see your submitted application along with a link to "Accept or Decline." After clicking on the link, you will be prompted to select "I Accept Admission" or "I Decline Admission."

    Accept or decline admission. Confirm your decision by clicking on the appropriate button. Finally, select "Confirm Admission" to complete the process. Your account will update overnight and your status in MyNEVADA will change from "Applicant" to "Student." 

    What happens if you decline admission?

    If you choose to decline admission, all of your associated applications (e.g., scholarships, housing applications) will also be canceled. This action cannot be reversed.

  • Step Four: Meet with an academic advisor

    As a transfer student, it is important you consult with an advisor to discuss your academic goals, review your course articulation, develop an academic plan and request core course substitutions (if necessary).

    You can use MyNEVADA to review your transfer credit report. Remember, you must first activate your MyNEVADA user account prior to accessing your credit report.

    Meet with an academic advisor

  • Step Five: Submit your official immunization records

    In order to register for classes, we must receive a copy of your immunization records. All immunizations must be on file for course placement.

    You may mail, fax, hand-deliver or email these records to our offices.

    If you'd like to mail records, you can send them to the following address: 

    University of Nevada, Reno
    Admissions & Records
    MS 0120
    Reno, NV 89557

    You may also hand-deliver immunization records to the Office of Admissions and Records, located in the Fitzgerald Student Services building on the second floor.

    You may fax immunization records to (775) 784-4283.

    You may email immunization records to

    Immunization requirements

  • Step Six: Apply for housing (optional)

    Housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and a wait-list begins when applications exceed available space. If you plan on living in on-campus, it is important you apply for housing as early as possible.

    Priority deadline is February 1.

    Remember, the housing application is separate from the admission application.

    Transfer students can apply to live in the Transfer Living Learning Community, located in Canada Hall. The community designed to meet the unique needs of transfer students and to live together with other students who have transferred to the University.

    Learn more about applying for housing.

  • Step Seven: Register for New Student Orientation

    The New Student Orientation program is designed to prepare you for the transition to the University of Nevada, Reno. You have an opportunity to meet fellow classmates, meet with academic representatives to discuss your schedule, learn about student resources and more. Orientation sessions are offered twice per year — in the summer for students starting in the fall term and in January for students starting in the spring term.

    Summer Orientation sign-ups typically begin in March. Students admitted for spring semester will receive more information about a month before the event.

    Learn about and register for orientation

Need help?

Our Transfer Admissions Specialists are here to help new transfer students as they transition from community colleges and other four-year institutions.