Transfer student admission requirements
Each year, we welcome applications from a diverse mix of students from across the world. The University of Nevada, Reno is a place where you can challenge yourself academically and prepare for your professional career path.
Are you a transfer student?
- If you attend or previously attended an institution of higher education where you earned 24 or more transferable semester credits, you may apply as a transfer student.
- Apply as a freshman if
- You are currently in high school, even if you have taken or are currently enrolled in college courses (for example, dual enrollment)
- You have graduated from high school but have not completed 24 transferable semester credits
To be considered for admission, you must satisfy the following requirements.
- Minimum of 24 transferable semester college credits
- There is no limit to the number of credits that you may transfer to the University, however, thirty upper-division credits must be earned in residence at the University of Nevada, Reno
- In general, 1 quarter-system credit is roughly equivalent to .67 semester credits
- 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in all transferable coursework
Review application deadlines for Fall and Spring admission cycles.
Review which types of courses and credits are transferable to the University, including military credit.
How to apply
Are you ready to apply? Learn about the steps to take to create and submit an online application to the University.