Posting, distribution and exhibition of printed materials for non-University activities
There are approximately 40 designated public view bulletin boards in the following campus buildings:
- Chemistry Building
- Joe Crowley Student Union
- Edmund J. Cain Hall
- Fitzgerald Student Services
- Fleischmann Agriculture
- Frandsen Humanities
- Leifson Physics
- Lombardi Recreation Center
- Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
- Mackay Science
- Mack Social Science
- Orvis Building
- Palmer Engineering
- Scrugham Engineering Building
- Sarah H. Fleischmann Building
- Schulich Lecture Hall
- Arrangements to post on Public View Bulletin Boards are made in the Scheduling Services Office
- One copy of each flyer/poster will be kept on file in the Scheduling office Fee payment must be made at that time
- Postings are for the calendar month, all postings are removed at the end of each month
- Printed materials may be posted only on designated interior Public View Bulletin Boards, one announcement to a board
- Posting may not be affixed with staples
- Flyers may not exceed 8 ½” x 11”
- Posters may not exceed 17” x 24”
- The information must be written in English, but may also be written in a language other than English
- The name of the organization and a contact telephone number on whose behalf the announcement is posted must be on the announcement
- Printed material may not be on, attached to, or written on any exterior structure or natural feature of the university facility such as the sides or doors of buildings, walls, windows, and the surface of walk-ways, fountains, posts, monuments, trees, rocks, shrubbery, statues, trash receptacles, or the glass of the three-sided ASUN kiosks
- Printed materials may be posted on the exterior designated bulletin boards
- Printed materials may not be distributed directly onto vehicles in any campus parking lots
- Printed materials may not be distributed in classrooms
Printing materials with depictions of alcohol or drugs
The University is committed to maintaining an environment free of the abuse of alcohol and other drugs." - President John Lilley, 2003.
Therefore, printed material depicting use of alcohol and/or other drugs is discouraged
$30 per month assessed for non-university announcements, exact cash or check only. Credit cards are not accepted. A bounced check will result in the loss of the ability to post for up to one year.
Disclaimer for non-University printed materials
“The contents of this document do not reflect an opinion or endorsement by the University of Nevada, Reno. This document is not printed or distributed at state expense.”
Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the loss of the ability to post for up to one year.
- Student-related activities flyers can also be stamped at the ASUN Student Activities Center in the Joe Crowley Student Union.
- When sponsoring an event, ASUN recognized clubs or university departments must indicate sponsorship on the flyer.
- Academic class information needs no prior arrangement.
For the complete Policy on Posting, Distribution and Exhibition of Printed Materials, please see the Administrative Manual Section 5,305.