Chalking may be used by University departments ASUN/GSA-recognized student groups to create messages only on sidewalks to advertise campus events in compliance with the following guidelines:
- Requests must be e-mailed to the Scheduling office at least three (3) working days prior to the event.
- Request must state when chalking will occur, what event chalking is advertising, and where chalking will be located (proximity to what buildings).
- Chalking is to be removed within one (1) day of conclusion of event.
- Requests must include specific text to be chalked. The text needs to include time, date and location of the event.
- Requests must identify the student organization, the person submitting the request and all contact numbers (i.e., telephone, cell phone, email).
- Messages must be at least 25 feet from any entry to any building.
- Messages must be written in chalk that is water soluble (does not include spray chalk or artist pastels).
- Messages must be written only on horizontal sidewalks, but not underneath awnings at the Joe Crowley Student Union, or on any pavers or bricks.
- Messages shall not be written on any vertical surface including stair risers, building porches, building entryways, building foundations.
- Messages shall not be written on any walls, pillars, posts, benches, doors, trash receptacles or kiosks.
- Messages shall not be written on any outdoor athletic facilities.
- If chalking is not removed, there will be a charge for the clean up.
- All chalkings are permitted for no longer than 7 days, including date of clean up.
- General messaging is not permitted.