We invite you to audition to be part of the School of Music. Please view the requirements for the type of audition preparation needed. All prospective students are required to audition to receive acceptance into our program.
Ways to audition
Live auditions will be held on January 20, 2024 on the University of Nevada, Reno campus. To reserve your audition slot please call the music office at (775) 784-6145.
Live audition applicants must complete their music scholarship application in advance of their audition.
If you are unable to attend an in-person audition but wish to be considered for program admission and scholarships, you may submit video links of your audition selections. After preparing your repertoire and completing your video recordings, you must submit all video audition materials by February 1, 2024. Video auditions are to be submitted at the same time as scholarship applications in step 3 below.
Applying and audition steps
Don't forget you need to apply and be admitted to the University of Nevada, Reno as a graduate student prior to auditioning for consideration as a student in the School of Music.
- Apply to the Graduate School
- Audition for the School of Music: Either call (775) 784-6145 to reserve your live audition time, or upload your audition videos to the School of Music scholarship application in step 3.
- Apply for School of Music scholarships
- Complete general University scholarship application
- Contact the lead faculty in your program