Prospective graduate students
We have two Ph.D. positions available starting Spring 2020 or Fall 2020. We are looking for highly motivated students with a background in mechanical engineering, materials science, biomedical engineering or any related area. Interested students are encouraged to send your CV to Dr. Jin (email@example.com).
Master's degree students and undergraduates are encouraged to contact Dr. Jin for part-time research opportunities.
Visiting scholars are welcome to contact Dr. Jin.
- 3D bioprinting
- 3D printing of engineering materials
- 4D printing of stimuli-responsive materials
- Yield-stress fluid
- Multi-layered capsule fabrication
- Extrusion die design and manufacturing
- Zhao, D., Zhou, R., Sun, J., Li, H., and Jin, Y. (Corresponding author), 2019, “Experimental Study of Polymeric Stent Fabrication Using Home-Made 3D Printing System,” Polymer Engineering & Science, Vol. 59, pp. 1122-1131.
- Jin, Y., Chai, W., and Huang, Y., 2018, “Fabrication of Stand-Alone Cell-Laden Collagen Vascular Network Scaffolds Using Fugitive Pattern-Based Printing-then-Casting Approach,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 10, pp. 28361-28371.
- Jin, Y., Shen, Y., Yin, J., Qian, J., and Huang, Y., 2018, “Nanoclay-Based Self-Supporting Responsive Nanocomposite Hydrogels for Printing Applications,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 10, pp. 10461-10470.
- Jin, Y., Zhao, D., and Huang, Y., 2018, “Study of Extrudability and Standoff Distance Effect during Nanoclay-Enabled Direct Printing,” Bio-Design & Manufacturing, Vol. 1, pp. 123-134.
- Zhang, Z., Jin, Y., Yin, J., Xu, C., Xiong, R., Christensen, K., Ringeisen, B. R., Chrisey, D. B., and Huang, Y., 2018, “Evaluation of Bioink Printability for Bioprinting Applications,” Applied Physics Reviews, Vol. 5, p. 041304.
- Jin, Y., Compaan, A., Chai, W., and Huang, Y., 2017, “Functional Nanoclay Suspension for Printing-Then-Solidification of Liquid Materials,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 9, pp. 20057-20066.
- Jin, Y., Liu, C., Chai, W., Compaan, A., and Huang, Y., 2017, “Self-Supporting Nanoclay as Internal Scaffold Material for Direct Printing of Soft Hydrogel Composite Structures in Air,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 9, pp. 17456-17465.
- Jin, Y., Chai, W., and Huang, Y., 2017, “Printability Study of Hydrogel Solution Extrusion in Nanoclay Yield-Stress Bath during Printing-Then-Gelation Biofabrication,” Materials Science & Engineering C, Vol. 80, pp. 313-325.
- Jin, Y., Zhao, D., and Huang, Y., 2017, “Fabrication of Double-Layered Alginate Capsules Using Coaxial Nozzle,” Journal of Micro- and Nano- Manufacturing, Vol. 5, p. 041007.
- Jin, Y., Compaan, A., Bhatacharjee, T., and Huang, Y., 2016, “Granular Gel Support-Enabled Extrusion of Three-Dimensional Alginate and Cellular Structures,” Biofabrication, Vol. 8, p. 025016-1-12.