Letter from the chair
Dear Mechanical Engineering Community,
Thank you for your interest in the University of Nevada, Reno Mechanical Engineering Department. The following achievements show the department is experiencing unprecedented growth and university/community support:
- The University of Nevada, Reno attained Carnegie R1 Classification for the first time in 2019.
- The ME Department is initiating an aerospace engineering program.
- The Department hired three new faculty members in 2019, Petros Voulgaris, James Hanna, and Yifei Jin, and is currently searching for four more.
- The new 100,000-square-foot Pennington Engineering Building will open in 2020.
- The ME Department external funding increased by 70% in 2019. This includes an NSF CAREER Award, and other funding from NSF, NASA, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and industry.
- ME graduate student Rebecca Histed received the prestigious 2019 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) award.
- A record number of BSME students graduated in 2019. They all took part in our signature hands-on laboratory and capstone design experiences.
- SPIE promoted Foundation Professor Emeritus Faramarz Gordaninejad to Fellow.
- Wolfpack Racing achieved new milestones in SAE competition.
Our enrollments and faculty size have doubled over the past ten years, and our facilities have significantly improved. We hope you will consider developing research, educational and professional collaborations with our many outstanding faculty and students.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you would like more information.
Go Wolf Pack!