Prospective graduate students
We have one Ph.D. position available starting spring 2023 or fall 2023. We are looking for highly motivated students with a background in mechanical engineering, materials science, biomedical engineering or any related area. Interested students are encouraged to send your CV to Dr. Jin (email@example.com).
Master's degree students and undergraduates are encouraged to contact Dr. Jin for part-time research opportunities.
Visiting scholars are welcome to contact Dr. Jin.
- 3D bioprinting
- Development of new additive manufacturing techniques
- Yield-stress fluid and rheology
- Metal 3D printing
- Polymer processing
- Shi, W., Li, H., Mitchell, K., Zhu, T., Jin, Y., and Zhao, D., 2022, “Development of Biodegradable Cerebral Stents with Enhanced Bending Performance,” ASME Journal of Medical Devices, in press.
- Hua, W., Mitchell, K., Kariyawasam, L.S., Do, C., Chen, J., Raymond, L., Valentin, N., Coulter, R., Yang, Y., and Jin, Y., 2022, “Three-Dimensional Printing in Stimuli-Responsive Yield-Stress Fluid with an Interactive Dual Microstructure,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 14, pp. 39420-39431.
- Hua, W., Mitchell, K., Raymond, L., Valentin, N., Coulter, R., and Jin, Y., 2022, “Embedded 3D Printing of PDMS-Based Microfluidic Chips for Biomedical Applications,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 145, p. 011002.
- Mitchell, K., Raymond, L., and Jin, Y., 2022, “Material Extrusion Advanced Manufacturing of Helical Artificial Muscles from Shape Memory Polymer,” Machines, Vol. 10, p. 497. (Highlighted as cover page of Machines)
- Hua, W., Shi, W., Mitchell, K., Raymond, L., Coulter, R., Zhao, D., and Jin, Y., 2022, “3D Printing of Biodegradable Polymer Vascular Stents: A Review,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering: Additive Manufacturing Frontiers, p. 100020.
- Liu, Y., Zhu, T., Bi, J., Hua, W., Yu, T., Jin, Y., and Zhao, D., 2022, “Effects of Process Conditions on Tensile Strength and Crystallinity of Polymeric Parts Fabricated Using Ultrasonic Vibration-Assisted Injection Molding,” Vol. 62, pp. 2119-2130.
- Hua, W., Mitchell, K., Raymond, L., Godina, B., Zhao, D., Zhou, W., and Jin, Y., 2021, “Fluid Bath-Assisted 3D Printing for Biomedical Applications: From Pre- to Postprinting Stages”, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, Vol. 7, pp. 4736-4756.
- Shi, W., Li, H., Mitchell, K., Zhang, C., Zhu, T., Jin, Y., and Zhao, D., 2021, “A Multi-Dimensional Non-Uniform Corrosion Model for Bioabsorbable Metallic Vascular Stents”, Acta Biomaterialia, Vol. 131, pp. 572-580.
- Sakhakarmy, M., Tian, S., Raymond, L., Xiong, G., Chen, Y., and Jin, Y., 2021, “Printability Study of Self-Supporting Graphene Oxide-Laponite Nanocomposites for 3D Printing Applications,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 114, pp. 343-355.
- Chai, G., Zhang, D., Hua, W., Chen, M., Yin, J., Jin, Y., and Chen, M., 2021, “Theoretical Model of Pediatric Orbital Trapdoor Fractures and Provisional Personalized 3D Printing-Assisted Surgical Solution,” Bioactive Materials, Vol. 6, pp. 559-567.