Rules and Requirements
Lake Tahoe Music Camp is a fun educational camp. In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all, campers are expected to adhere to the list of rules and requirements below. Failure to comply with these rules and related policies may result in expulsion from camp.
Expelled campers must be picked up by parents/guardians at their expense. No refunds will be given for expelled campers.
Parents and campers are encouraged to bring any concerns that arise during camp to the camp director's attention immediately so we may handle any situation that requires intervention. We will work to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all.
- Respect other campers, instructors, facilities and equipment
- Refrain from profanity and other vulgar language
- Participate in all camp activities
- Use cell phones only at designated times
- Turn in all prescription and over-the-counter medication to the camp director
- Adhere to all 4-H camp rules reviewed by site host
- Abide by all beach rules reviewed by lifeguards; the beach is off-limits except during designated times
- Visibly wear name tag at all times
- Refrain from entering a cabin without staff permission and supervision. Campers are only allowed in their own assigned cabin.
- Dress etiquette (students must dress appropriately)
- Shirts must cover midriff, must not show cleavage and spaghetti straps are not allowed
- Shorts must fully cover buttocks and be approaching mid-thigh
- Closed-toed shoes are recommended at all times
- Shirts may not have profanity, vulgarity, or any other inappropriate content
- Swimsuits and sandals are permitted while on the beach
Any of the following will result in immediate expulsion:
- Endangering the health or safety of others
- Possession of firearms, weapons, explosives, etc.
- Possession of drugs, alcohol, controlled substances, or cigarettes
- Damage or destruction of property
- Leaving camp without permission
- Bullying (Defined below)
The University of Nevada, Reno, is committed to maintaining a safe environment that is free from violence, intimidation and threats of violence. Threatening, intimidating or violent behavior will not be tolerated. Individuals who commit acts of bullying in the school/workplace environment will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal, under NSHE Code, NAC, or the UNR Student Code of Conduct and may also be subject to criminal prosecution.
We will determine bullying based on the following four criteria as outlined in NRS 388.122
a. Reasonable fear of or actual physical harm and/or damage to property
b. Creating an intimidating or hostile environment
c. If the acts above are due to a person being a member of a protected class
d. Repeated or pervasive behavior meant to physically or mentally intimidate, humiliate, or harm another person
Damage or loss of property
Each camper's parent/guardian will be financially responsible for any and all damages caused by their camper. Parents/guardians will be billed for damage to facilities and/or equipment that occur as a result of misuse. Lake Tahoe Music Camp is not responsible for any lost property.