M.A. in History
Graduate students interested in the Master of Arts degree in History will gain an expanded knowledge of the history discipline and have the opportunity to practice critical investigation through research and writing. The M.A. in History degree offers graduate students the opportunity to focus their studies on four different historical areas including the U.S., Europe, Latin America and culture.
Please review the University Catalog for current requirements of the M.A. in History.
How to Apply
- Review the requirements for admission
- Contact the graduate director to ascertain if you meet minimum qualifications for admission and to determine if your goals for study and research can potentially be realized at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Hold a B.A. degree in History (or a closely related discipline) from an accredited four-year college or university
- Complete the graduate school application and include:
- GRE Scores (must be no more than five years old)
- Official transcripts with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (unless the applicant has demonstrated unusual promise during his or her junior and senior years)
- A Statement of Purpose discussing your interests and plans for study and professional work
- Two letters of recommendation that discuss your academic qualifications and aptitude for graduate study
- International students please also include a financial data form
Deadline is March 1 for matriculation in the Fall semester.
Before proceeding beyond nine credits of graduate study, please review the list of Graduate Program Requirements.