How to join
Joining a fraternity or sorority is an exciting and energy-filled process. It all starts through what is referred to as ‘fraternity and sorority recruitment’. Recruitment is an exciting time of year when students may affiliate with one of the University’s fraternities or sororities. Some of these organizations participate in a structured recruitment process during the first few weeks of the semester, while others offer recruitment throughout the year.
Recruitment dates will range from January 28, 2024, to February 16, 2024, and will vary depending on which organization you choose to join. Explore the icons below to learn more about each council’s recruitment process.
10 Questions to ask before joining a fraternity or sorority
- What are your organization’s values?
- What type of member is your organization looking for?
- How does your organization differ from others?
- What are the expenses associated with joining your organization?
- How will membership in your organization effect my academics?
- What is the time commitment for your organization?
- What types of leadership opportunities are available within your organization?
- What are the benefits of joining your organization?
- Does your organization perform hands-on community service and/or philanthropy?
- When I graduate, can I still be involved with your organization?