About Fraternity & Sorority Life
The University of Nevada's Fraternity and Sorority Life exists to promote a unified community of integrity, character and cultural diversity. We foster academic, personal, and professional successes continuously striving to improve ourselves and the community.
Members of the University of Nevada Greek Community realize their personal and professional potential through their commitment to values based decision-making.
As a Fraternity and Sorority Community we strive for:
Scholarship: Fraternity and Sorority Life provides members with support and an atmosphere that fosters academic success and individual scholarship. We encourage each of our members in their studies, offering study tables, establishing minimum academic standards for membership, and providing honors and recognition for outstanding achievements.
Service: The University of Nevada's Fraternity and Sorority Life partners with the campus and local community to extend support and resources to organizations and initiatives in need. Each Fraternity and Sorority, as well as the Panhellenic, Interfraternity, and Multicultural Greek Councils, sponsor community service and philanthropic activities by participating in campus, local, and national philanthropic events.
Unity: We foster amongst our members, alumni, faculty and administration positive relationships with the encouragement of social awareness, mutual understanding, open communication, and a constant commitment to the University.
Leadership Development: Each Fraternity and Sorority offers its members direct exposure to the development of leadership skills and provides a variety of leadership positions. Fraternity and Sorority Life also provides campus-level leadership experience and serves as a stepping stone to other campus leadership opportunities and activities.
Experience: We provide lifelong connections between members, the University, and both local and national organizations. We build a unique campus experience defined by leadership opportunities, group athletics, social events, and memories based in tradition.
Student Learning Outcomes:
As a result of being engaged in our programs, collaborating with our staff, and being active within their organizations, members of the Fraternity and Sorority Life at the University of Nevada, Reno will be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of academic success by earning GPAs above the all undergraduate average as well as engaging in educational programming in and outside the classroom.
- Understand the value in being an engaged member of society by volunteering and promoting philanthropy on campus and in their community.
- Create meaningful relationships in and outside of their organizations that will lead to a more unified community.
- Identify their own leadership style that will help them lead their organizations and better the fraternity and sorority community, the campus, and society.
- Recognize the presence of diversity within our community and understand the importance of working for social justice as it applies to the obligations of fraternal membership.