Graduate student budgets
While tuition and fees represent a large share of college costs, there are other costs that should be considered when estimating expenses. For example, common costs include the following:
- Room: Housing expenses, including rent and utilities
- Board: Groceries and other food expenses
- Books & Supplies: Textbooks, notebooks, calculators, pens, etc.
- Personal: Living essentials, entertainment, and miscellaneous expenses
- Transportation: Vehicle maintenance, insurance, fuel, parking permit, start and end of term travel to/from permanent residence
The following tables contain official figures for student budgets developed by the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. Costs are subject to change and this may not be your final cost of attendance.