- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, 1991
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, 1981
- University of Nevada, Reno, Director of Biomedical Engineering Program, 2015-present
- University of Nevada, Reno, Professor of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, 2014-present
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), CA, Affiliate Scientist, 2015-present
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), CA, Principal Scientist, 1992-2015
- Visual Cybernetics, CA, CTO, 1985-1992
- Ford Aerospace Corp, CA, Research Engineer, 1981-1985
- Member of IEEE BISP Technical Committee (2019-2021)
- Associate Editor IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging and Biological Health and Bioinformatics journals (2014-2016)
- General Chair for IEEE ISBI in 2013.
- Parvin's Lab, at LBNL, received R&D100 award in 2014 for the development of BioSig3D. BioSig3D is the first system for high content screening of 3D cell culture models.
My research interests are to develop integrative quantitative assays for elucidating the (i) mechanism of response to stress in 3D organotypic models and (ii) molecular basis of tumor heterogeneity. We are also developing molecular probes for cargo delivery and microbial profiling.
- Bioimaging, Tissue Engineering, Deep Learning, and DSP
Please visit my profile on ResearchGate for a list of publications.