In recognition of the unanticipated challenges resulting from COVID-19, the UNLV School of Dental Medicine is waiving the minimum score requirement for the ACT/SAT. All candidates with an ACT or SAT will be given full consideration for the BS-DMD program. The GPA requirement has not changed.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a first-time freshman at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Minimum combined Math/Verbal score of 1270 or greater and a minimum Critical Reading score of 600 on the SAT OR combined ACT score of 29 or greater and a minimum English score of 26
- Un-weighted cumulative GPA of 3.7 or placement in the top 10% of the graduating high school class
- US Citizenship or permanent resident of the United State of America AND Nevada residency
- Non-US citizens must have a permanent resident visa AND Nevada residency
- Graduate from a Nevada high school
- Applied for admission to the University of Nevada, Reno as a freshman with a declared major in Biology by February 1st
Additional criteria to be considered:
- Extracurricular Activities
- Leadership Experience
- Healthcare or Clinical Experience
- Work Experience
A BS-DMD Admissions Committee, comprised of faculty and administrators from the University of Nevada, Reno College of Science and UNLV’s School of Dental Medicine, will select qualified applicants for interviews and for admission into the program.
Students must maintain the following requirement to progress:
- 3.5 overall cumulative GPA and 3.5 science GPA
- Successfully complete the DAT with a score of 19 or better with no subset scores lower than 15.