Bachelor of Science in Geophysics
- Major: Geophysics
- Degree Level/Code:
Undergraduate/BS (Bachelor of Science)
Geological Science and Engineering
- More Info: Visit the General Course Catalog
- Career Options: Although geophysics graduates commonly pursue advanced earth sciences degrees, many are employed directly by government agencies and private industry in fields such as resource exploration, environmental monitoring, geographic information systems and land management, geotechnical engineering, or natural hazard assessment.
Geophysics Recommended First Semester Schedule
- GEOL 101 - General Geology (4 units)
- GPH 105 - Introduction to Geophysics (1 unit)
- MATH 181 - Calculus I (4 units)
- CHEM 201 - General Chemistry for Scientists and Engineers I (4 units)
- Core Social Science or Fine Arts (3 units)
For detailed course description visit the General Course Catalog.