Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science and Engineering
Applicants to the Ph.D. program must be currently enrolled in or have completed courses equivalent to a major or minor in computer science. Exceptions to these criteria may be made for applicants who show exceptional promise.
Additionally, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission:
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 for students with a master's degree
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25 for students without a master's degree
- Combined GRE verbal and quantitative score of at least 301 (1100 in the old scale). Students who score below 152 (670 in the old scale) in the quantitative section will find it difficult to complete our graduate program and may not be eligible for graduate assistantships.
- TOEFL scores of 550 (old scale), if applying from a non-U.S. institution
- A one-page personal statement describing research interests and career goals
- Three letters of recommendation