Come and learn about the service-learning experiences across the university and greater Reno community. This year we will be doing a virtual showcase, since courses have moved to an online format. We will be updating the presentation and judging guidelines to accommodate the virtual format.
Monday, May 4th
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Call for Submissions
- Seeking students that have completed projects in service-learning courses. Students should reflect on the value/impact of the service-learning course on their development as a student, as a citizen, and as a future employee.
- Students enter the competition here
- April 15th - Poster Application Due
- May 4th - Poster Competition
- Ease of Viewing
- Spelling and grammar
- Integration of the service-learning concepts (service-learning and academic discipline)
- Judging Rubric [PDF]
Student Poster Awards
- 1st place - $300
- 2nd place - $200
- 3rd place - $100
Seeking faculty that can present on:
- Service-Learning Scholarship.
- Impact of reciprocal campus-community partnerships on community, students, and faculty.
- Implementation and execution of service-learning courses
- Tools and resources developed to aid in the planning or execution of a service-learning course.
- Teaching methods or strategies utilized in community engaged classrooms.
- Faculty submission form