ASUN service-learning faculty award
Each year, this award recognizes one instructor who has demonstrated exemplary integration of academic service-learning in their courses. The award winner will be honored at the Honor the Best ceremony in May with a plaque and award check of $500, less applicable taxes.
To qualify for the award, the nominee:
- Must be an academic or administrative faculty, LOA, or contingent faculty on appointment with the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Must have taught a designated service-learning course.
A nominee must demonstrate:
- Exemplary, and often innovative, integration of academic service-learning in their courses.
- Reciprocity with community partners.
- Through critical reflection, that the nominee and their students met identified community needs through an academically relevant service-learning experience to:
- gain further understanding of course content.
- a broader appreciation of the discipline.
- an enhanced sense of personal values and civic responsibility.
A completed nomination form must be submitted by March 14, which includes a summary of how the nominee’s work qualifies them for nomination based on the above qualifications.
- 2021 – Christopher L. von Nagy, Ph.D. – Head, Shared History
- 2020 – Jenna Dewar, M.S., C.F.L.E. – Senior Lecturer, Human Development and Family Studies