Postdoctoral benefits & salary
As a postdoc at the University of Nevada, Reno you are entitled to several employee benefits, including health insurance and retirement. Below is a general overview. For additional information, please visit Human Resources' Postdoctoral Fellow Benefits at a glance or BCN.
- Health insurance: There are two plans to choose from based on your needs and the needs of your family.
- Retirement: A retirement contribution of 6.2 percent is mandatory, and it is matched 100 percent by the employer
- Annual leave (vacation days): Leave days are accrued at the rate of 1.25 working days per month for full-time continuous service or the equivalent of 15 working days per year.
- Voluntary benefits include discounted auto and home insurance.
- Child care: The University provides early care and education for children from six weeks old through first grade. University students and employees have enrollment priority, and tuition is calculated using a sliding fee scale based on family household income. Learn more about on-campus childcare and K-12 education programs.
- Employee Assistance Program: The Employee Assistance Program or EAP (LifeWorks) is a confidential assessment and referral service specifically designed to assist employees and families in handling personal and work-related issues. It allows up to three sessions of EAP counseling services per year and unlimited telephone and online services at no cost to the employee.
- Counseling services: Counseling services are available through The Downing Counseling Clinic at a sliding scale based on the ability to pay.