High school seniors, it only takes three easy steps to audition for the Wolf Pack Marching Band. Whatever your skill level, we have a place for you.
Step 1: Apply for admission to the University of Nevada, Reno
- For incoming University of Nevada, Reno students: Applications for all majors can be accessed through the Apply section. (Music majors must also take a few additional steps).
- For non-University of Nevada, Reno students: If you attend community college, or are not enrolled at the University, it's still possible for you to participate in the Wolf Pack Marching Band. Simply follow the steps for non-degree students at the Apply section. Contact Stephen Eubanks if you have questions.
Step 2: Audition
- Submit your audition before the June 15th deadline for priority consideration. We can include you in the band if your audition is submitted after this date; however, we cannot guarantee a spot in pre-game and half-time drill.
Video audition submission process
- Record and submit your audition video Please see audition requirements below. As you record your video(s), announce your name, instrument and high school.
- Complete the audition information form
Prepare an audition which should include the following:
- Chromatic scale (demonstrate as much of your range as possible)
- C major scale (concert pitch, 2 octaves if possible)
- A-flat major scale (concert pitch, 2 octaves if possible)
- 3 minutes of music (2 excerpts of music, one technical, one lyrical from etudes. These can come from solos, honor band auditions, or even your concert band music. We just want to hear you at your best!)
Guard and percussion
- 3 or 4 warm-up exercises
- An excerpt from a show that you have performed recently
- You may also include video of recent shows, if you are easily identified within the ensemble
- Forward march at 80 beats/minute
- Forward march at 160 beats/minute
- Backward march at 80 beats/minute
- Backward march at 160 beats/minute
- Percussion: Demonstrate left and right slide at 160 beats/minute
- You can audition in person, or by submitting a video
For questions about the audition process, or to arrange a live audition in lieu of a video submission, please email Dr. Stephen Eubanks.
Step 3: Enroll in the class
All members of the Wolf Pack Marching Band are required to register for the course after acceptance to the University. Marching Band is a one credit class that rehearses Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 2 - 4 p.m. and is labeled MUSE 115 (lower division), MUSE 415 (upper division), or MUSE 615 (graduate division). Be sure to enroll in Marching Band when registering for your other classes to help avoid scheduling conflicts.