- Ph.D., Neuroscience, Wake Forest University, 2003
- B.A., Psychology, University of California, San Diego, 1993
- Postdoctoral Associate, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC US 2003-2005
- Postdoctoral Associate, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe, Japan 2005-2007
- Lecturer, Oceania University of Medicine, Apia, Samoa 2007-2009
- Postdoctoral Associate, Salk Institute for Biological Sciences, La Jolla, CA US 2009-2012
- Development of the neuromuscular system
- Disease of the neuromuscular system
- Glial regulation of the neuromuscular system
Neuroeffector/Neuroscience CMPP 740
- Heredia DJ, Hennig GW, Gould TW (2018) Ex vivo imaging of cell-specific calcium signaling at the tripartite synapse of the mouse diaphragm. In press at JoVE
- Heredia DJ, Feng C-Y, Agarwal A, Nennecker K, Hennig GW, Gould TW (2018) Transient activity-induced Ca2+ responses in developing axonal Schwann cells are regulated by the proximo-distal loss of axonal vesicles. J Neurosci pii: 0956-18
- Heredia DJ, Feng C-Y, Hennig GW, Gould TW (2018) Activity-induced calcium signaling in neonatal perisynaptic Schwann cells is mediated by P2Y1 receptors and regulates muscle fatigue. eLife 2018;7:e30839
- Sarathy A, Wuebbles RD, Fontelonga T, Tarchione A, Heredia DJ, Duan S, Nunes A, Van Ry P, Van Ry T, Griner LAM, Chen C, Southall N, Hu X, Marugan J, Zheng W, Ferrer M, Hennig GW, Gould TW and Burkin DJ. (2017) A Novel Small Molecule SU9516 for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Mol Ther 25(6):1395-1407.
- Heredia DJ, Schubert D, Maligireddy S, Hennig GW, Gould TW. (2016) A novel striated muscle-specific myosin-blocking drug for the study of neuromuscular physiology. Front Cell Neurosci. 10:276.
- Scurry AN, Heredia DJ, Feng C-Y, Gephart GB, Hennig GW, Gould TW. (2016) Structural and functional abnormalities of the neuromuscular junction in the Trembler-J homozygote mouse model of congenital hypomyelinating neuropathy. J Neuropath Exp Neurol 75:334-46
- Hennig GW, Gould TW, Koh SD, Corrigan RD, Heredia DJ, Shonnard MC, Smith TK. (2015) Use of Genetically Encoded Calcium Indicators (GECIs) Combined with Advanced Motion Tracking Techniques to Examine the Behavior of Neurons and Glia in the Enteric Nervous System of the Intact Murine Colon. Front Cell Neurosci. 9:436.
- Peri LE, Koh BH, Ward GK, Bayguinov Y, Hwang SJ, Gould TW, Mullan CJ, Sanders KM, Ward SM. (2015) A novel class of interstitial cells in the mouse and monkey female reproductive tracts. Biol Reprod. 92(4):102