NURS 101 Workshop is virtual (ZOOM) until further notice
Who should attend NURS 101?
- Mandatory for all current students who want to declare Pre-Nursing
- Mandatory for all new transfer students; must be accepted to the University of Nevada, Reno prior to meeting with academic advisor
- Prospective transfer students; will not meet with academic advisor after session
- Prospective NSHE transfer students; bring unofficial NSHE transcripts to meet with an advisor
Who should not attend NURS 101?
- Incoming freshman; must attend summer orientation
- Prospective freshman; attend a Nevada Bound event
- Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree
What does the NURS 101 Workshop cover?
- Nursing pre-requisite coursework required for admissions for the Orvis School of Nursing BSN Program
- Pre-nursing academic policies
- Eligibility to apply to the Orvis School of Nursing BSN Program
- Admission process and criteria for the BSN Program
- Learning how to be a competitive applicant
- Attendees will meet with an academic advisor after session (for current or accepted UNR students only)
What to expect
NURS 101 workshop is mandatory! Workshop must be completed to receive academic advisement. Sessions are held weekly in Orvis Building room 103. Prospective transfer students are welcome to attend the informational portion only (1 hour). Only current University students or admitted transfer students will meet with an academic advisor after session. All transcripts must be submitted to the Admissions and Records office for evaluation.