New graduate student orientation
Fall 2023 orientation is Thursday, August 24!
This year’s new graduate student orientation will be a mix of live presentations and discussions over Zoom, with additional prerecorded presentations and materials available at students' convenience via WebCampus.
Virtual new graduate student orientation | 1 to 4 p.m.
Virtual orientation schedule
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. | Welcome & graduate school roadmap: Markus Kemmelmeier, Dean, Graduate School
- 1:30 to 2 p.m. | Graduate student health insurance: Julee DeMello, Assistant Director, Clinic Operations, Student Health Center
- 2 to 2:15 p.m. | Short break
- 2:15 to 2:35 p.m. | Graduate Student Association & campus resources: Matthew Aguirre, Director, Graduate Student Services & Allison Ferguson, Office Manager, Graduate Student Association
- 2:35 to 3:05 p.m. | Telling it like it is: graduate student panel: Hear from current University of Nevada, Reno graduate students and ask questions about grad student life, living in Reno, and more.
- 3:05 to 3:15 p.m. | Wrap up with online resources and additional materials
- 3:15 to 3:30 p.m. | Short break (international students stay for the next session)
- 3:30 to 4 | Updates from OISS (international students): This presentation is mandatory for international students (F-1, J-1) and will be presented by the Office of International Students and Scholars