New graduate student orientation
Join us on January 21, 2021
This year’s new graduate student orientation will be a mix of live presentations and discussions as well as pre-recorded presentations and materials that will be available via Webcampus. The schedule for the live presentations, which will be held via Zoom from 1-3:30pm (4:00pm for international students) on Thursday, January 21, can be found below. New graduate students are asked to pre-register if they plan on attending.
- 1:00pm–1:15pm: New Graduate Student Welcome, David Zeh, Dean, Graduate School
- 1:15pm–1:30pm: Your Graduate School Roadmap, David Zeh, Dean, Graduate School
- 1:30pm–1:50pm: Graduate Student Health Insurance, Julee DeMello, Manager, Clinic Operations Student Health Center
- 1:50pm–2:00pm: Graduate Student Resources, Veronica Zepeda, Senior Advisor, Graduate Student Association and Allison Ferguson, Graduate Student Association
- 2:00pm-2:10pm: Short Break
- 2:10pm-2:30pm: Graduate Student Association (GSA) Programs and Services, Veronica Zepeda, Senior Advisor, Graduate Student Association
- 2:30pm-3:00pm: Telling it like it is: Graduate Student Panel - Hear from current University Graduate students and ask questions about life as a graduate student, living in Reno and more.
- 3:00pm-3:30pm: Graduate Student Breakout Sessions - Have an opportunity to meet your GSA Council Representative and join in a discussion with other incoming graduate students from your college.
- 3:30pm-4:00pm: Immigration updates from OISS - This presentation is mandatory for international students (F-1, J-1). Adilia Ross, International Student Advisor
For questions or issues registering for the Spring 2021 Graduate Student Orientation, please contact Veronica Zepeda, email@example.com