New graduate student orientation
Fall 2021orientation is Thursday, August 19!
This year’s new graduate student orientation will be a mix of live presentations and discussions over Zoom, with additional prerecorded presentations and materials available at students' convenience via WebCampus. The orientation will be followed by two exciting in-person events.
Virtual orientation schedule
- 12:30 to 12:45 p.m. | New graduate student welcome: David Zeh, Dean, Graduate School
- 12:45 to 1 p.m. | Your graduate school roadmap: David Zeh, Dean, Graduate School
- 1 to 1:20 p.m. | Graduate student health insurance: Presentation by Julee DeMello, Manager, Clinic Operations, Student Health Center
- 1:20 to 1:30 p.m.| Graduate student resources: Presentation by Veronica Zepeda and, Allison Ferguson, Graduate Student Association
- 1:30 to 1:40 p.m. | Short break
- 1:40 to 2 p.m. | Graduate Student Association (GSA) programs and services: Veronica Zepeda, Senior Advisor, Graduate Student Association
- 2 to 2:30 p.m. | Telling it like it is: graduate student panel: Hear from current UNR Graduate students and ask questions about life as a graduate student, living in Reno, and more.
- 2:30 to 3 p.m. | Graduate student breakout sessions: Have an opportunity to meet your GSA Council Representative and join in a discussion with other incoming graduate students from your college.
- 3 to 3:30 p.m. | Immigration Updates from OISS: This presentation is mandatory for international students (F-1, J-1) and will be presented by Adilia Ross, International Student Advisor
For questions or issues registering for the Fall 2021 Graduate Student Orientation, please contact Veronica Zepeda, email@example.com.