New graduate student orientation
Join us on January 21, 2021
This year’s new graduate student orientation will be a mix of live presentations and discussions a s well as pre-recorded presentations and materials that will be available via Webcampus. The schedule for the live presentations, which will be held via Zoom from 1-3:30 pm on Thursday, January 21, can be found below. New graduate students are asked to pre-register (link available in email sent by Graduate Dean) if they plan on attending.
- 1:00pm–1:15pm: New Graduate Student Welcome, David Zeh, Dean, Graduate School
- 1:15pm–1:30pm: Your Graduate School Roadmap, David Zeh, Dean, Graduate School
- 1:30pm–1:45pm: Graduate Resources Video - Hear from representatives from over 15 offices on campus and learn what resources they provide to graduate students.
- 1:45pm–2:00pm: Graduate Student Health Insurance, Julee DeMello, Manager, Clinic Operations Student Health Center
- 2:00pm-2:15pm: Short Break
- 2:15pm-2:30pm: Graduate Student Association (GSA) Programs and Services, Veronica Zepeda, Senior Advisor, Graduate Student Association
- 2:30pm-3:00pm: Telling it like it is: Graduate Student Panel - Hear from current University Graduate students and ask questions about life as a graduate student, living in Reno and more.
- 3:00pm-3:30pm: Graduate Student Breakout Sessions - Have an opportunity to meet your GSA Council Representative and join in a discussion with other incoming graduate students from your college.