Graduation dates, deadlines and requirements
Graduation can be a very exciting and hectic time. Be sure to review the items below to ensure you meet your deadlines to graduate on time.
All candidates for graduation should visit your department advisor to confirm their expectations for your final semester. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be eligible for graduation.
Graduation application deadlines for all doctoral, masters and graduate certificate students
Every student must purchase a graduation application by the designated deadline:
- May graduation deadline: March 1
- August graduation deadline: June 1
- December graduation deadline: October 1
When we receive your graduation application, you will receive an email outlining the result of their graduation review approximately 3-8 weeks after the application has been received. Graduate applications are available in MyNEVADA.
- Log in to MyNEVADA and select the "Academic Records" tile.
- Select "Apply for Graduation" from the menu and follow the steps presented.
Doctoral student hooding ceremony
Graduating doctoral students are accorded special recognition during spring or winter commencement exercises by participating in a hooding ceremony.
To participate in the hooding ceremony, students must:
- Be a doctoral student. Masters students do not participate in the hooding ceremony.
- File an application for graduation for the appropriate semester (fall or spring) and;
- Have successfully defended their dissertation and filed the completed Notice of Completion with the Graduate School at least two weeks prior to thecommencement exercises. Students who complete their degree during the summer session are eligible to attend either the fall or spring commencement exercises.
Please provide the Graduate School with the title of your dissertation and the name of your advisor using the Dissertation Title Submission Form.
Important dates and milestones for graduate and doctoral Students
It is the responsibility of the student to meet the below deadlines in order to graduate on time. Work with your graduate advisor to ensure you meet all degree and program requirements.
|Program of Study must be on file with Graduate School||Friday, April 16, 2021|
|Classes begin||Monday, Aug. 23, 2021|
|Graduation Applications filed online||Friday, Oct. 1, 2021|
|Notice of Completion due from graduating doctoral students who are being hooded||Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2021|
|Dissertation, Thesis, and Notice of Completion Due||Friday, Dec. 3, 2021|
|Commencement||Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021|
|Final grades due, Semester ends||Monday, Dec. 20, 2021|
|Program of Study must be on file with Graduate School||Friday, Nov. 12, 2021|
|Classes begin||Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022|
|Graduation Applications filed online||Tuesday, Mar. 1, 2022|
|Notice of Completion due from graduating doctoral students who are being hooded||Friday, April 29, 2022|
|Dissertation, Thesis, Notice of Completion due||Friday, May 6, 2022|
|Commencement||Thursday-Saturday, May 12-14, 2022|
|Final grades due, Semester ends||Monday, May 16, 2022|
|Program of Study must be on file with Graduate School||Friday, April 15, 2022|
|Mini term summer session begins||Monday, May 16, 2022|
|Graduation Applications filed online||Wednesday, June 1, 2022|
|First term summer session begins||Monday, June 6, 2022|
|Second term summer session begins||Monday, July 11, 2022|
|Dissertation, Thesis, and Notice of Completion Due||Friday, Aug. 5, 2022|
|Final grades due, Semester ends||Friday, Aug. 12, 2022|