In a Nutshell:
- Who: The University of Nevada, Reno invites a select group of top candidates from the Geography program applicant pool.
- What: A three-day introduction to the University campus, Geography graduate program, and the Reno/Tahoe area.
- When: dates TBA
- Where: University of Nevada, Reno campus
- What is included: All costs are covered by the University. This includes transportation, lodging and meals.
- Please RSVP via registration link and emailed password to reserve your spot.
Get a sense of what it's like living in Northern Nevada through visits to surrounding areas demonstrating Reno/Tahoe's lifestyle and culture. Learn about graduate assistantships and fellowships, as well as services provided to you as a graduate student at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Times and locations are subject to change, and the tour of Lake Tahoe is weather permitting. (You've heard of the Donner Party, haven't you?)
Visit Check List
- RSVP via registration link and emailed password to reserve your spot.
- Complete the Liability Waiver.
- Get to know the Geography faculty and their specialties within the Geography program. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
- Dress code for the weekend is casual or office casual. Bring cold-weather clothing and footwear for exploring the Tahoe region.
- Use the hashtag #MyGradventure on Instagram or Twitter during your visit to share your University and Reno discoveries with the group.
- Our program emphasizes active faculty-graduate student interactions manifested by strong graduate student publications.
- With faculty emphasizing human/cultural interests, physical processes and geotechnology, our faculty exemplify core principles taught within geography.
- With a rapid rate of growth, illustrated through new faculty hires and emerging research areas, a variety of graduate student opportunities exist within our department.
If you have additional questions about your visit, please contact Thomas Albright at email@example.com or (775) 784-6673.