In a nutshell:
- Who: The University of Nevada, Reno invites a select group of top candidates from the Public Health applicant pool.
- What: A virtual introduction to the University campus, Public Health graduate program and faculty, and the Reno/Tahoe area.
- When: Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Where: Virtual via Zoom
- Please RSVP by Sunday, February 28, using the link and password emailed to you to reserve your spot.
Not only will you have the opportunity to learn more about the graduate program, but you'll also get a sense of what it's like living in Northern Nevada through conversations with current graduate students and program faculty. Learn about graduate assistantships and fellowships, as well as services provided to you as a graduate student at the University.
Times and locations are subject to change.
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- 9 to 9:30 a.m.: Welcome and Introduction
- Dr. Trudy Larson, Dean of the School of Community Health Sciences
- Dr. Kristen Clements-Nolle, Director of Graduate Studies, School of Community Health Sciences
- Mel Flores, MSW, Student Services Coordinator, School of Community Health Sciences
- 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.: PhD in Public Health Specialization Overview – Break Out Groups
- Dr. Jennifer Pearson, Assistant Professor in Social and Behavioral Health
- Dr. Kristen Clements-Nolle, Professor in Epidemiology
- 10:15 to 11 a.m.: Student Research Lightning Talks
- 11 to 11:30 a.m.: Graduate Student Panel/Discussion (Students Only)
- 11:30 to 11:45 a.m.: Break
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.: Thriving in Graduate School: Graduate School Resources, the GSA, Financial Assistance, Fellowships and Career Preparation at UNR
- Dr. Veronica Zepeda, Director, Graduate Student Services
- 12:15 to 1 p.m.: Lunch on own and VR Campus Tour
- 1 to 1:30 p.m.: Meet the PhD program faculty
- 1:30 to 3 p.m.: Individual meetings with faculty based on research interests
Visit Check List
- RSVP by Sunday, February 28, using the link and password emailed to you.
- Complete the Liability Waiver.
- Visit the Public Health website, and get to know the program faculty and their research specialties. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
- Use the hashtag #MyGradventure on Instagram or Twitter during your visit to share your University and Reno discoveries with the group.
If you have additional questions about your visit, please contact Kristen Clements-Nolle at email@example.com.