FAQ: Policies and Rules
If a Patron does not have their UNR ID Card, a Wolf Pack Forgiveness Pass (lookup in FRS Access Sysetem) may be issued allowing the Patron access. A Patron can use the Wolf Pack Forgiveness Pass three times per semester.
For safety reasons, you must be a fully matriculated freshman 16 years and up and currently enrolled at the University of Nevada, Reno to use the E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center and Lombardi Recreation Center.
- University ID with active Membership is required to enter Fitness and Recreational Sports Buildings. No Exceptions.
- No smoking or use of tobacco allowed.
- No alcohol or controlled substances allowed.
- No bikes, skateboards, or roller-blades will be allowed to be used in the facility.
- No animals allowed unless assisting a person with a disability.
- No bouncing/kicking/throwing of balls in the halls.
- No eating, drinking, or glass containers allowed in the gyms, pools, racquetball courts, multipurpose rooms or fitness center.
- Closed toe athletic/fitness shoes with laces, velcro or the combination of the two are required. Shoes deemed inappropriate or unsafe by FRS staff will not be permitted.
- Eye protection is recommended in the racquetball areas.
- Family members under 18 years of age must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
- Fitness Center and Pool have rules specific to those facilities. It is your responsibility to know them.
- Any rule or safety behavior not stated is left to the judgment of the Fitness and Recreational Sports Staff.
All Fitness and Recreational Sports patrons are required to complete a waiver on an annual basis or anytime there has been a lapse in their membership.
Students/Faculty/Staff with a valid NSHE ID may purchase a Fitness and Recreational Sports day pass for $10.00 per day. Members may purchase a guest pass for up to 2 guests per day. The member must accompany the guest at the time of purchase.
Towels are available at the front desk. Towels are limited to one per visit. All used towels must be returned to the laundry baskets at the main desk in Lombardi or baskets located throughout the E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center.
Department of Fitness and Recreational Sports (FRS) strongly encourages patrons to secure personal items.
FRS will assign lockers on a semester basis for a fee. Semester fee of $40.00. Patrons who have an active membership and have paid the semester ($40.00) locker fee will be assigned a locker in a designated locker room based upon availability. Lockers must be cleaned out within one day of the last day of rental period. Failure to do so will result in the contents being removed.
Day Use: Lockers marked Day Use are not assigned. Day lockers can be found in the locker rooms and throughout the facility. The use of a day locker is at the patrons own risk and patrons must use their own lock combination. Day lockers are for use during operating hours only. At the close of business, all locks will be reset and any items in the locker will be removed. All lockers marked day use, must be cleaned out at the end of each day. Failure to do so will result in contents being removed. Patrons have 10 days past the clean out date to reclaim their items.
Refunds on semester passes are available until the fourth week of each semester. Refunds on annual passes are available until the fourth week from the purchase date.
Undergraduate and Graduate Student membership fees will follow the guidelines of the University policies on Tuition & Fees.
All cancellations/ refund requests are subject to approval by the FRS Professional Staff.
Improper use of your Fitness and Recreational Sports membership, such as allowing it to be used by any person, will result in revocation of building privileges. This includes the sharing of an individual family pass among the members of a family.
In the event an individual is caught using someone else's FRS membership, the pass in question will be confiscated and referred to the Office of Student Conduct.