Every attempt will be made to have a Men's, Women's, or Co-Ed division in every major sport based on participation and sign-ups. Teams are strongly urged to enter into the proper level of competition. The Intramural Sports Office will help counsel teams and team captains to help determine which division they should sign up to participate in during the team registration payment process. The Intramural Sports program office has the discretion to move a team to the appropriate division of play in a sport, to help support the competitive balance level of intramural sports play and maintain a safe as possible environment.
Teams are strongly urged to enter into the proper level of competition. The Intramural Sports program will help counsel teams/team captains during the in person team registration payment process, to help determine which division they should sign up to participate in. The Intramural Sports program has the discretion to move a team to the appropriate division of play in a sport, to help support the competitive balance level of intramural sports play. Some sports will have further divided levels of play that could include an Competitive, Recreational, Women's, "A", "B", or "C" division in a league.
Designed for highly-skilled competitive teams and individuals. The Competitive division has been structured for skilled athletes who have played the sport at a high level (i.e. high school, club, city league). Teams wishing to continue play in Competitive divisions must maintain a semester winning records to remain in this division of play (must maintain three (3) or more wins to remain in division of play).
Recreational (Beginner - Intermediate)
Designed for beginner to intermediate skilled players and teams. This division has been structured for all participants that have basic fundamental skills. The level of play could become fairly intense and all players are required to have a clear understanding of the rules.
Division "A" - Advanced
Designed for highly-skilled competitive teams and individuals. The "A" division has been structured for skilled athletes who have played the sport at a high level (i.e. high school, club, city league).
Division "B" - Intermediate
Designed for average skilled competitive teams and individuals. The "B" division has been structured for all participants that have basic fundamental skills. The level of play is fairly intense and all players have a clear understanding of the rules.
Division "C" - Beginner
Designed for beginning teams and individuals. The "C" division has been structured to accommodate players who know the rules of the sport but are still developing their skills. In this division of play competition is secondary as most players are first time participants. Teams in this division will not move forward to post season play. Top team will be awarded. If a situational tie for the top team is present, one tiebreaker game will be played to determine the division winner.
Co-Ed leagues will need a minimum number of women needed to start a game and in most cases this is half the amount of players needed to field a team.
- Co-Ed teams must have at least one male on the court or field of play for each game.
- More specific rules on the number of females are available in the specific sport rulebooks.
For individuals looking to join a team, a free agent option is available. Free agents:
- Can list themselves as a free agent in many divisions within a league as they would like.
- Will be visible to all members after listing themselves on the IM Leagues.com website. Free agents can request to join teams, or a team may request to add the free agent to the team.
- Must attend the sport specific captain’s meeting for the sport they desire to play. Please check IM Leagues.com and the E. L. Wiegand Fitness facility for captain meeting dates.
Team Registration Fees
- Each major league and tournament sport has a team or individual registration fee amount based on what it cost for students to participate in that sport. Participation fees for each sport can be found on the IMLeagues.com website and posted up in the E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center.
- Fees are to be paid at the Lombardi Membership Services desk between the hours of 11am-8pm Monday-Thursday. Team Registration fee payment time may be extended to 10pm on deadline days for specific sports if teams still need to pay the registration fee.
- Fees must be paid in cash, check, or by credit card (excluding American Express and Discover credit cards).
- Fees are to be paid at the time of sign-up and will not be accepted after the deadline dates. Intramural Sports office will not approve a team into a league or tournament without payment.
- Fees must be paid in full, no partial payments will be accepted.
- The Intramural Sports Program refund policy will administer refunds under the following circumstances:
- The intramural sports program decides to cancel a league or tournament due to low enrollment or other factors.
- A team’s request to be removed from a league or tournament for any reason (i.e. inability to field a team), MAY be approved.
- The Intramural Sports Program refund policy will NOT administer refunds under the following circumstances:
- If a team is removed from competition due to player or team misconduct.
- If the request to be removed from a league or tournament is one week less from the start date of the deadline for the specific sport, the request for refund WILL NOT be granted.