“The best way to predict the future is to invent it” -- Alan Kay (1971) at a 1971 meeting of PARC
Prospective graduate students
We seek motivated undergraduate and graduate students interested in nano-electronics, micro/nanodevice fabrication, flexible hybrid electronics, low-dimensional nanomaterials (1D/2D CNT, graphene, MoS2, etc), semiconductor, wide-bandgap materials, wearable devices and sensors, bio-sensors, energy materials and devices, MEMS/NEMS, and materials science.
Research projects in our nanoelectronics lab are highly multi-disciplinary. They involve the use of cutting-edge electrical/optical technologies to investigate some of the most complex and intriguing topics in materials physics and devices.
To apply for a project in our research group, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A short description of your interests
- An updated CV
- A bachelor’s degree transcript and master’s degree transcript for Ph.D. candidates.
My specific research interests have been focused on solving challenges on electronics including transistors with nanofabrication processes and materials for 7nm technology node and beyond. While my on-going research activities continue to evolve, my historical research programs can be divided into three focus areas, namely:
- Electronic materials research on the latest challenges logic devices and memory devices including process and materials
- Novel electronic device applications with nano-scale 2-D materials, nanowires, and QDs
- GaN electronics
A summary of these researches follows.
Materials integration and nanofabrication for advanced device applications
I obtained a significant amount of my microfabrication and nanofabrication experience while at Applied Materials and Sun Microsystems. Since I gained that experience, I have been able to leverage both the new skills and my materials & device background to contribute to several advanced device applications. The figure shows challenges of the future nanowire-based devices that I am interested in investigating, which describes the challenges of the gate all around the structure with nanowires transistor array with a nanoscale device. This effort utilized deposition equipment (CVD, PVD, and ALD systems) that are capable of depositing thin films of metals, semiconductors, and insulating materials. These tools allow these thin film materials (metals, semiconductors, and insulators) to be deposited in a combinatorial or layered fashion.
Novel electronic device applications with nano-scale 2-D materials, nanowires, and QDs
Two-dimensional electronic materials (MoS2, etc): Two-dimensional materials are attractive for use in next-generation nanoelectronic devices as they are relatively easy to fabricate complex structures from compared to one-dimensional materials. Because monolayer MoS2 has a direct bandgap, it can be used to construct interband tunnel FETs. It will offer lower power consumption than classical transistors. Monolayer MoS2 could be used in applications that require thin transparent semiconductors, such as optoelectronics and energy harvesting, and energy-related materials and devices. Novel electronic applications with 2D materials and nanowires for biosensors: For example, Graphene is a covalent 2D electron system comprised of a single layer of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal honeycomb lattice. It has a unique electronic structure with linear dispersion, vanishing effective mass, extremely high carrier velocities, strong optical absorption over a wide wavelength range, and excellent thermal and mechanical properties. Because of these characteristics, there has been a strong interest in using it in electronics and optoelectronics. The limited gate-field induced tunability of the current through it and the excellent transport properties recommend it for fast analog and sensor applications. This will be a good platform for developing low-cost diagnostic devices for global health problems (HIV, or e.coli infection etc). Moreover, I aim to develop technologies to capture various cell types from blood using nanoparticles and microscale technologies.
Integral to consumer electronics and many clean energy technologies, power electronics can be found in everything from electric vehicles and industrial motors, to laptop power adaptors and inverters that connect solar panels and wind turbines to the electric grid. For nearly 50 years, silicon chips have been the basis of power electronics. However, as clean energy technologies and the electronics industry has advanced, silicon chips are reaching their limits in power conversion — resulting in wasted heat and higher energy consumption. GaN is a revolutionary technology that will impact two major and distinct applications: high frequency and high power electronics. Through NRC’s GaN Electronics initiative in Canada, this will ensure that GaN technology will create wealth and a greener future for Canadians by establishing a strong industrial GaN manufacturing capability. NRC is the only Canadian foundry for GaN electronics and a global leader in the field. By collaborating with NRC at Ottawa, GaN-based technology will be gained a distinct competitive advantage with having access to the leading national research and technology development facilities, including the Ottawa-based Canadian Photonics Fabrication Centre (CPFC).
Deep learning and wearables for Parkinson’s disease
IoT sensor networks We will also introduce the use of technology to generate quantitative unbiased outcomes related with PD motor symptoms, such as tremor, gait, and falls, or to determine the level of engagement in physical activity in the context of an exercise program for PD. In order to do this, we have assembled a multidisciplinary group of academic researchers which include engineers with expertise in sensors, nanotechnology, mobile devices, computer science specialists, and specialists in understanding PD symptomatology (kinesiologists and PD specialists). These individuals will be supported by industry who will provide additional resources including hardware and software development, and opportunities for commercialization.
Signal process and electrode design for Deep Brain Stimulation
The Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson’s Disease Project has been researching a way to improve DBS through the development of a novel electrode that can both stimulate and record brain activity within the same device. Currently, recording and stimulation have to be done separately which lengthens the time of the procedure and can lead to discrepancies in the position of the electrode. Both issues increase the risk of complications.
Advancing ultrasound performance through data acquisition: Creating a comprehensive guideline for physicians-in-training
Inexperienced physicians today do not automatically know how to manipulate an ultrasound probe to their advantage. They need instructions and help from other physicians for a period of time before they learn how to properly use an ultrasound device. Therefore the goal would be to find a way to create a guideline/manual (written instructions) to assist physicians in performing an ultrasound.
Sensor development for sensitive detection and identification of airborne chemicals and biological agents
Portable explosive detectors, chemical identifiers and personal radiation detectors (PRD) are now commercially available and can routinely be used in the field for environmental, forensic and material sampling. These devices are based on well-known technologies such as mass spectrometry, patch-chemical reactions, electrochemical sensing, ion-mobility spectrometry, laser-induced fluorescence, acoustic-wave-chemical sensing, and fiber-based optical detection. Although constant progress is being made to improve these techniques, a disruptive sensing technology can improve safety and help counter terrorism by drastically enhancing detection performances in terms of sensitivity, selectivity, response time and repeatability. The main objective of this proposal is to develop and demonstrate a new sensing technology.
Journal Articles (submitted):
- The Quantized Nature of Arc-Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes, sp2-sp3-Hybridization of Helical Carbon Mediated by Atomic Hydrogen, Science Advance (submitted) (2022).
- A neural subspace for encoding multiple associative memories in the primate lateral prefrontal cortex, Neuron (submitted) (2022).
- Two-dimensional BAs/GeC van der Waals heterostructures: A widely tunable photocatalyst for water splitting and hydrogen production, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids (submitted) (2022).
- Radial-Tangential Mode of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes Manifested by Landau Regulation: Reinterpretation of Low- and Intermediate-Frequency Raman Signals, (Nature) Scientific Reports (under revision) (2022).
- Growth mechanisms of two-dimensional hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN) on metal surfaces: Theoretical perspectives, Applied Materials Today (submitted) (2022).
- Synthesis of Low-Band Gap Porous Zirconia Nanoparticles via Greener-Route: Mechanism, Theoretical Justification, Photocatalysis, and Antibacterial Activity, Nano Express (submitted) (2022).
- Negative-capacitance Field-Effect Transistors: Behind the Origin and Challenges, Materials Today Physics (submitted) (2022).
- Metallic CNT Tolerant Field Effect Transistor using Dielectrophoresis, IEEE Open Journal of Nanotechnology (Submitted) (2022).
- CNFET SRAM Bit Cell for Processing In Memory, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems (submitted) (2022).
- E-Band CMOS Integrated Yagi Antenna with Hilbert Curve Shaped Artificial Magnetic Conductor, (submitted) (2020).
- Landau Raman Regulation Observed from Geometric Graphene Structures Including Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes, Journal Annalen der Physik (Under revision) (2019).
- Graphene-based Chemical and Biological Sensors, 2D Materials (Submitted) (2019).
- Portable and wireless signal transducer for next-generation environmental monitors based on 2D materials. Dallaire N., Zhang Y., Deng X., Andrzejewski L., Guay J.-M., Rautela R., Scarfe S., Park J., Ménard J.-M.,Luican-Mayer A., Under review, preprint.
Journal Articles (published):
- Predictive Modelling of Parkinson’s Disease Progression Based on RNA-Sequence with Densely Connected Deep Recurrent Neural Networks, Siraj Ahmed, Majid Komeili and Jeongwon Park (Nature) Scientific Reports, 12, 21469 (2022) (Impact Factor: 4.996) .
- Two-dimensional SiC/AlN based type-II van der Waals heterobilayer: A promising photocatalyst for overall water disassociation, Naim Ferdous, Md. Sherajul Islam, Jeshurun Biney, Catherine Stampfl & Jeongwon Park (Nature) Scientific Reports, 12, 20106 (2022) (Impact Factor: 4.996) .
- Atomistic Reaction Mechanism of CVD Grown MoS2 through MoO3 and H2S Precursors, Abdullah Arafat, Md. Sherajul Islam, Naim Ferdous, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Md. Mosarof Hossain Sarkar, Catherine Stampfl & Jeongwon Park, (Nature) Scientific Reports, 12, 16085 (2022) (Impact Factor: 4.996).
- Zirconia-based nanomaterials: Recent developments in synthesis and applications, Nisha Kumari, Shweta Sareen, Meenakshi Verma, Shelja Sharma, Ajay Sharma, Harvinder Singh Sohal, S. K. Mehta, Jeongwon Park and Vishal Mutreja, Nanoscale Advances, 4, 4210-4236 (2022) (Impact Factor: 5.598).
- Tuning the electronic, phonon, and optical properties of monolayer BX (X = P and As) through the strain effect, Rasidul Islam, Sherajul Islam, Rayid Hasan Mojumder, Zarif Khan, Hasan Molla, A.S.M. Jannatul Islam, Jeongwon Park, Materials Today Communications, 104227 (2022) (Impact Factor: 3.383) .
- Localization of the optical phonon modes in boron nitride nanotube: Mixing effect of 10B isotopes and vacancies, Md. Sherajul Islam, Ashraful Hossain Howlader, Rongkun Zheng, Catherine Stampfl, Jeongwon Park, and Akihiro Hashimoto, ACS Omega, 7, 30, 26591–26600 (2022) (Impact Factor: 4.132).
- Tribo-piezoelectricity in group III-nitride bilayers: A density functional theory investigation, Md. Yasir Zamil, Md. Sherajul Islam, Catherine Stampfl, and Jeongwon Park, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 14, 18, 20856–20865 (2022) (Impact Factor: 8.33) .
- Aggregation-Induced Quenching of Carbon Dots for Detection of Nitric oxide, Vishal Mutreja, Ajay Kumar, Shweta Sareen, Khushboo Pathania, Harshit Sandhu, Dr. Ramesh Kataria, Sandip V. Pawar, Surinder K. Mehta, Jeongwon Park, ChemistrySelect, 7(21), e202200448 (2022), (Impact Factor: 2.109).
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease: A Review and Future Outlook, Anahita Malvea, Farbod Babaei, Chadwick Boulay, Adam Sachs, Jeongwon Park, Biomedical Engineering Letters 12, 303–316, Springer Nature (2022) DOI: 10.1007/s13534-022-00226-y (Impact Factor: 5.25).
- Tensile mechanical behavior and fracture mechanism in monolayer group-III nitrides XN (X= Ga, In): Effect of temperature and point vacancy, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Md. Sherajul Islam, Md. Sayed Hasan, Md. Shahadat Akbar, and Jeongwon Park, ACS Omega, 7, 17, 14678–14689 (2022) (Impact Factor: 4.132).
- Synthesis of Biogenic Silver Nanocatalyst and their Antibacterial and Organic Pollutants Reduction Ability, Muhammad Riaz, Uzma Sharafat, Nafeesa Zahid, Muhammad Ismail, Jeongwon Park,* Bashir Ahmad, Neelum Rashid, Muhammad Fahim, Muhammad Imran, and Aisha Tabassum, ACS Omega 7, 14723−14734 (2022)(Impact Factor: 4.132).
- Effects of Substrate Structure on the CVD Growth of Two-dimensional Hexagonal Boron Nitride (h-BN), Md. Mosarof Hossain Sarkar, Md. Sherajul Islam, Abdullah Arafat, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Naim Ferdous, Md. Tawabur Rahman, Minhaz Uddin Sohag, Md. Al Imran Fahim, Catherine Stampfl, and Jeongwon Park, J. Phys. Chem. C 2022, 126, 14, 6373–6384 (2022)(Impact Factor: 2.781).
- Numerical Investigations of Nanowire Gate-all-around Negative Capacitance GaAs/InN Tunnel FET, Abdullah Al Mamun Mazumder, Kamal Hosen, Md. Sherajul Islam, Jeongwon Park, IEEE Access, 10, 30323 (2022) DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3159809 (Impact Factor: 3.361).
- Laser-induced patterning for a diffraction grating using the phase change material of Ge2Sb2Te5 (GST) as a spatial light modulator in X-ray optics: a proof of concept, Jeongwon Park, Peter Zalden, Edwin Ng, Scott Johnston, Scott W. Fong, Chieh Chang, Christopher J. Tassone, Douglas Van Campen, Walter Mok, Hideo Mabuchi, H.-S. Philip Wong, Zhi-Xun Shen, Aaron M. Lindenberg, and Anne Sakdinawat, Opt. Mater. Express 12, 1408-1416 (2022) (Impact Factor: 3.442).
- Temperature and interlayer coupling induced thermal transport across graphene/2D-SiC van der Waals heterostructure, Md. Sherajul Islam, Imon Mia, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Catherine Stampfl, and Jeongwon Park (Nature) Scientific Reports, 12, 761 (2022) (Impact Factor: 4.996).
- Vacancy-induced thermal transport and tensile mechanical behavior of monolayer honeycomb BeO, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Md. Sherajul Islam, Nura Zannat Mim, Md. Shahadat Akbar, Md. Sayed Hasan, Md. Rasidul Islam, Catherine Stampfl, and Jeongwon Park, ACS Omega 7, 5, 4525–4537 (2022) (Impact Factor: 4.132) .
- Effect of synthesis methods and conditions on properties and applications of carbon dots for the detection of potential water contaminants: A Review, Hardeep Kaur, Shweta Sareen, Meenakshi Verma, Aseem Vashisht, Ajay Sharma, Ramesh Kataria, S. K. Mehta, Jeongwon Park & Vishal Mutreja, Critical Reviews in Analytical Chemistry (2021) DOI: 10.1080/10408347.2021.1977608 (Impact Factor: 4.568).
- Strong tribo-piezoelectric effect in bilayer indium nitride (InN), Md. Sherajul Islam, Md. Yasir Zamil, Md. Rayid Hasan Mojumder, Catherine Stampfl & Jeongwon Park, (Nature) Scientific Reports, 11:18669 (2021) (Impact Factor: 4.996).
- Dual Source Negative Capacitance GaSb/InGaAsSb/InAs Heterostructure Based Vertical TFET with Steep Subthreshold Swing and High On-Off Current Ratio, Sohag, Minhaz Uddin, Md Sherajul Islam, Kamal Hosen, Md Al Imran Fahim, Md Mosarof Hossain Sarkar, and Jeongwon Park, Results in Physics, 104796, (2021) (Impact Factor: 4.476).
- Superior tunable photocatalytic properties for water splitting in two- dimensional GeC/SiC van der Waals hetero-bilayers, Islam, Md, Abu Farzan Mitul, Md Mojumder, Rayid Hasan, A. S. M. Islam, Catherine Stampfl, and Jeongwon Park, (Nature) Scientific Reports,1, 1-14 (2021) (Impact Factor: 4.996).
- Chirality, temperature, and vacancy effects on mechanical behavior of monolayer zinc-sulfide, A.S.M. Jannatul Islam, Md. Sayed Hasan, Md. Sherajul Islam, Jeongwon Park, Computational Materials Science, 200, 110824 (2021) (Impact Factor: 3.3).
- Numerical Analysis of Gate-all-around HfO2/TiO2/HfO2 High-K Dielectric Based WSe2 NCFET with Reduced Sub-threshold Swing and High On/Off Ratio, Kamal Hosen; Md. Sherajul Islam; Catherine Stampfl; Jeongwon Park, IEEE Access, 9, 116254 - 116264 (2021) DOI: 1109/ACCESS.2021.3105341 (Impact Factor: 3.367).
- Temperature and defect induced uniaxial tensile mechanical behaviors and fracture mechanism of two-dimensional silicon germanide (2D-SiGe), A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Md. Shahadat Akbar, Md. Sherajul Islam, Jeongwon Park, ACS Omega, 2021, 6, 34, 21861–21871 (2021) (Impact Factor: 4.132).
- Thermal transport in monolayer zinc-sulfide: Effects of length, temperature and vacancy defects, Islam, A. J., Islam, M. S., Islam, M. R., Stampfl, C., & Park, J, Nanotechnology, 32,435703 (2021) (Impact Factor: 3.974).
- Silicene/ZnI2 van der Waals heterostructure: tunable structural and electronic properties, Md. Sakib ; Islam, Md. Sherajul; Park, Jeongwon, Nanotechnology, 32 305707 (2021)(Impact Factor: 3.974).
- Numerical design of high performance WS2/metal/WS2/graphene heterostructure based surface plasmon resonance sensor, Biswajit Dey, Md. Sherajul Islam, and Jeongwon Park, Results in Physics, 23, 104021 (2021)(Impact Factor: 4.476).
- Exceptional antibacterial and cytotoxic potency of monodisperse greener AgNPs prepared under optimized pH and temperature, Riaz, Muhammad, Vishal Mutreja, Shweta Sareen, Bashir Ahmad, Muhammad Faheem, Nafeesa Zahid, Ghassan Jabbour, and Jeongwon Park, (Nature) Scientific Reports, 11, 2866 (2021)(Impact Factor: 4.379).
- Germanene/2D-AlP van der Waals heterostructure: tunable structural and electronic properties, Mojumder, Md Rayid Hasan, Md Sherajul Islam, and Jeongwon Park, AIP Advances, 1, 015126 (2021): 10.1063/5.0023448 (Impact Factor: 1.548).
- Exceptional In-Plane and Interfacial Thermal Conductivity in Graphene/2D-SiC van der Waals Heterostructure, Md. Sherajul Islam, Imon Mia, Shihab Ahammed, Catherine Stampfl and Jeongwon Park, (Nature) Scientific Reports, 10, 22050 (2020) (Impact Factor: 4.996).
- Characterizations and Analysis of the Antioxidant, Antimicrobial and Dye Reduction Ability of Green Synthesized Silver Nanoparticles, Muhammad Riaz, Muhammad Ismail, Bashir Ahmad, Nafeesa Zahid, Ghassan Jabbour, Muhammad Shafiq Khan, Vishal Mutreja, Shweta Sareen, Aftab Rafiq, Muhammad Faheem, Muhammad Musaddiq Shah, M. I. Khan, Syed Ali Imran Bukhari and Jeongwon Park, Green Processing and Synthesis, 27;9(1):693-705. (2020) (Impact Factor: 2.83).
- Germanene/2D-SiC van der Waals heterobilayer: structural features and tunable electronic properties, Md Sherajul Islam, Md. Rayid Hasan Mojumder; Naim Ferdous; Jeongwon Park, Materials Today Communications, 101718 (2020) (Impact Factor: 2.678).
- Carbon Nanotube-on-Graphene Heterostructures, Yu Zheng, Dongmeng Li, Zubair Ahmed, Jeongwon Park, Changjian Zhou, and Cary Y. Yang, Journal of Electronic Materials, 49, 6806–6816 (2020), (Impact Factor: 1.676).
- Lateral and flexural thermal transport in stanene/2D-SiC van der Waals heterostructure, Shihab Ahammed, Md. Sherajul Islam, Imon Mia, Jeongwon Park, Nanotechnology, 31, 505702 (2020) (Impact Factor 3.399).
- Phonon localization in single wall carbon nanotube: Combined effect of 13C isotope and vacancies, Md. Sherajul Islam, Ashraful Hossain Howlader, Khalid N. Anindya, Rongkun Zhen, Jeongwon Park, Akihiro Hashimoto, Journal of Applied Physics, 128, 045108 (2020); (Impact Factor: 2.328) .
- Mechanistic insight into the limiting factors of graphene-based environmental sensors, Ranjana Rautela, Samantha Scarfe, Jean-Michel Guay, Petr Lazar, Martin Pykal, Saied Azimi, Cedric Grenapin, Justin Boddison-Chouinard, Alexei Halpin, Weixiang Wang, Lukasz Andrzejewski, Ryan Plumadore, Jeongwon Park, Jean-Michel Menard, Michal Otyepka, and Adina Luican-Mayer, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 12, 39764−39771 (2020), (Impact Factor: 8.33).
- Combined effect of 13C isotope and vacancies on the phonon properties in AB stacked bilayer graphene, Khalid N.Anindya, Md Sherajul Islam, Akihiro Hashimoto, and Jeongwon Park, Carbon, 168, 22-31 (2020), (Impact Factor 9.59),
- New Small-Signal Extraction Method Applied to GaN HEMTs on Different Substrates, Mohamad Al Sabbagh, Mustapha C. E. Yagoub, Jeongwon Park, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, 30, e22291 (2020), (Impact Factor: 1.528).
- Temperature-induced localized exciton dynamics in mixed Lead–Tin based CH3NH3Pb1-xSnxI3 Perovskite materials, Md. Sherajul Islam, Biswajit Dey, Md. Masud Rana, A.S.M. Jannatul Islam, Jeongwon Park and Takayuki Makino, AIP Advances, 10, 065331 (2020), DOI: 10.1063/5.0007087 (Impact Factor: 1.579).
- Vacancy induced thermal transport in two-dimensional silicon carbide: a reverse non-equilibrium molecular dynamics study, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Sherajul Islam, Naim Ferdous, Jeongwon Park and Akihiro Hashimoto, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 22, 13592-13602 (2020), (Impact factor: 3.567).
- HfO2/TiO2/HfO2 tri-layer high-K gate oxide based MoS2 negative capacitance FET with steep subthreshold swing, Sherajul Islam , Shahrukh Sadman, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, and Jeongwon Park, AIP Advances 10, 035202 (2020) (Impact Factor: 1.579).
- Interlayer vacancy effects on the phonon modes in AB stacked bilayer graphene nanoribbon, Khalid N.Anindy, Md Sherajul Islam, Jeongwon Park, Ashraful G.Bhuiyan, Akihiro Hashimoto, Current Applied Physics, 20 (4), 572-581 (2020), (Impact Factor: 2.010).
- Molecular dynamics study of thermal transport in single-layer silicon carbide nanoribbons, Sherajul Islam, A. S. M. Jannatul Islam, Orin Mahamud, Arnab Saha, Naim Ferdous, Jeongwon Park, and Akihiro Hashimoto, AIP Advances 10, 01511 (2020), (Impact Factor. 1.579).
- Anisotropic Mechanical Behavior of Two Dimensional Silicon Carbide: Effect of Temperature and Vacancy Defects, ASM Jannatul Islam, Md. Sherajul Islam, Naim Ferdous, J Park, A G Bhuiyan, Akihiro Hashimoto, Res. Express 6 125073 (2019), (Impact Factor 1.449).
- Anomalous Temperature Dependent Thermal Conductivity of Two Dimensional Silicon Carbide, A S M Jannatul Islam, Md Sherajul Islam, Naim Ferdous, Jeongwon Park, A G Bhuiyan and Akihiro Hashimoto, Nanotechnology, 30, 445707 (2019), (Impact Factor 3.399).
- Widely tunable electronic properties in graphene/two-dimensional silicon carbide van der Waals heterostructures, Asmaul Smitha Rashid, Md. Sherajul Islam, Naim Ferdous Khalid N. Anindya, Jeongwon Park, Akihiro Hashimoto, Journal of Computational Electronics, 18(3), 836-845 (2019), (Impact Factor 1.637).
- Ambipolarity and Air Stability of Silicon Phthalocyanine Organic Thin-Film Transistors, Owen A. Melville, Trevor M. Grant, Brendan Mirka, Nicholas T. Boileau, Jeongwon Park, and Benoît Lessard, Advanced Electronic Materials, 1900087 (2019), (Impact Factor 6.593).
- Scanning Microwave Imaging of Optically Patterned Ge2Sb2Te5, Scott Johnston, Edwin Ng, Scott W. Fong, Walter Y. Mok, Jeongwon Park, Peter Zalden, Anne Sakdinawat, H.-S. Philip Wong, Hideo Mabuchi, and Zhi-Xun Shen, Appl. Phys. Lett.114, 093106 (2019), (Impact factor: 3.521).
- Tunable Electronic Properties in Stanene and Two Dimensional Silicon-Carbide Heterobilayer: A First Principles Investigation, Naim Ferdous, Md. Sherajul Islam, Jeongwon Park, Hashimoto, AIP Advances 9, 025120 (2019), (Impact Factor. 1.579).
- Atmospheric-pressure plasma by remote dielectric barrier discharges for surface cleaning of large area glass substrates, D.-J. Kim and J. Park, Plasma Res. Express 1, 015015 (2019).
- The effects of nanostructures on mechanical and tribological properties of TiO2 nanotubes, Y. Yoonand J. Park, Nanotechnology 29, 165705 (2018), (Impact Factor 3.399).
- Patterning of graphene for flexible electronics with remote dielectric barrier discharge, Duk-jae Kim, Park, Jeon-gun Han, Japan. J. of Appl. Phys., 55, 085102 (2016), (Impact Factor: 1.471).
- Demonstration of organic volatile decomposition and bacterial sterilization by miniature dielectric barrier discharges on low-temperature cofired ceramic electrodes, D.-J. Kim, Y.-K. Shim, Park, H.-J. Kim, J.-G. Han, Japan. J. of Appl. Phys., 55(4), 040302 (2016), (Impact Factor. 1.471).
- Metal-Nanocarbon Contacts, Patrick Wilhite, Anshul A. Vyas, Jason Tan, Jasper Tan, Toshishige Yamada, Phillip Wang, Jeongwon Park, and Cary Y. Yang, Sci. and Tech. 29, 054006, 1- 16 (2014): Selected by the journal’s Editorial Board as a Highlight of 2014.
- Mobility Saturation in Tapered Edge Bottom Contact Copper Phthalocyanine Thin Film Transistors, E. Royer, J. Park, C. Colesniuc, J. S. Lee, T. Gredig, S. Jin, I. K. Schuller, W. C. Trogler, A. C. Kummel, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 28, C5F22 (2010).
- Ambient induced degradation and chemically activated recovery in copper phthalocyanine thin film transistor Channel, Park, J. E. Royer, C. Colesniuc, F. I. Bohrer, A. Sharoni, S. Jin, I. K.Schuller, W. C. Trogler, A. C. Kummel, J. Appl. Phys. 106, 034505 (2009).
- Comparative Gas Sensing in Colbalt, Nickel, Copper, Zinc, and Metal-Free Phthalocyanine Chemiresistors, F. I. Bohrer, C. N. Colesniuc, Park, M. E. Ruidiaz, I. K. Schuller, A. C. Kummel, W. C. Trogler, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131(2), 478-85 (2009).
- Analyte chemisorption and sensing on n- and p-channel copper phthalocyanine thin-film transistors, D. Yang, J. Park, C. N. Colesniuc, I. K. Schuller, J. E. Royer, W. C. Trogler, and A. C. Kummel, J. Chem. Phys. 130 164703 (2009).
- Geometry Transformation of Periodically Patterned Si Nanotemplates by Dry Oxidation, J. Park, L.-H. Chen, D. Hong, C. Choi, M. Loya, K. Brammer, P. Bandaru and S. Jin, Nanotechnology 20, 015303 (2009).
- Morphology control of carbon nanotubes through focused ion beams, Loya, J. Park, L. H. Chen, K. S. Brammer, P. R. Bandaru and S. Jin, Nano. 3, 449–454(2008).
- Bilayer processing for enhanced contact electrode configuration in ultrathin organic transistors, J. Park, R. D. Yang, C. N. Colesniuc, A. Sharoni, S. Jin, I. K. Schuller, W. C. Trogler and A. C. Kummel, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 193311 (2008).
- Selective Detection of Vapor Phase Hydrogen Peroxide with Phthalocyanine Chemiresistors, F. I. Bohrer, C.N. Colesniuc, J. Park, I. K. Schuller, A. C. Kummel, and W. C. Trogler, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 130 (12), 3712 -3713, (2008).
- Ultra-low drift in organic thin-film transistor chemical sensors by pulsed gating, R. Yang, J. Park, C. N. Colesniuc, I. K. Schuller, W. C. Trogler and A. C. Kummel, J. Appl. Phys. 102, 034515 (2007).
- Ultrathin organic transistors for chemical sensing, R. D. Yang, T. Gredig, C. N. Colesniuc, J. Park, I. K. Schuller, W. C. Trogler, and A. C. Kummel, Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 263506 (2007), also accepted to the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, (2007).
- Gas Sensing Mechanism in Chemiresistive Cobalt and Metal-Free Phthalocyanine Thin Films, F. I. Bohrer, Sharoni, C. Colesniuc, J. Park, I. K. Schuller, A. C. Kummel, and W. C. Trogler, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 129 (17), 5640 -5646 (2007).
- ZnO Nanowire UV Photodetectors with High Internal Gain, C. Soci, A. Zhang, B. Xiang, S. A. Dayeh, D. P. R. Aplin, J. Park, X. Y. Bao, Y. H. Lo, and D. Wang, Nano Lett., 7 (4), 1003 -1009 (2007).
- Enhanced Room Temperature Ferromagnetism in Co- and Mn-Ion Implanted Silicon, P.R. Bandaru, J. Park, J.S. Lee, Y.J. Tang, L. H. Chen, S. Jin, S.A. Song, and J. O'Brien, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 112502 (2006).
- Three-way electrical gating characteristics of metallic Y-junction carbon nanotube transistors, J. Park, C. Daraio, S. Jin, P.R. Bandaru, J. Gaillard and A. M. Rao, Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 243113 (2006).
- Chemical identification using an impedance sensor based on dispersive charge transport, D. Yang, B. Fruhberger, J. Park, A. C. Kummel, Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 074104 (2006).
- Electrode independent chemoresistive response for cobalt phthalocyanine in the space charge limited conductivity regime, A. Miller, R. D. Yang, M. J. Hale, J. Park, B. Fruhberger, I. K. Schuller, A. C. Kummel, William C. Trogler, J. Phys. Chem. B; 110(1) 361 - 366 (2006).
- Improvement of the biocompatibility and mechanical properties of surgical tools with TiN coating by PACVD, J. Park, D.-J. Kim, Y.-K. Kim, K.-H. Lee, K.-H. Lee, H. Lee, and S. Ahn, Thin Solid Films, 435, 102-107 (2003).
- Effect of Fluorine on the Properties of Low Dielectric Fluorinated Amorphous Carbon Films, S.-H. Yang, S. Lee, J. Park, J.-Y. Kim and J.-W. Park, J. Korean Phys. Soc., 35, S361-364 (1999).
- Effects of Deposition Temperature on Low-Dielectric Fluorinated Amorphous Carbon Films for Ultra Large-Scale Integration Multilevel Interconnect, S.-H. Yang, J. Park, J.-Y. Kim, Y.-K. Lee, B.-R. Cho, D.-K. Park, W.-H. Lee and J.-W. Park, Microchemical Journal, 63 (1), 161-167 (1999).
- Effect of Deposition Temperature on Characteristics of Low Dielectric Fluorinated Amorphous Carbon Thin Films, J. Park, S.-H. Yang and J.-W. Park, Korean J. Material Research, 9 (12), 1211- 1215 (1999)
- Effects of Deposition gas composition on the characteristics of a-C:F thin films for use as low dielectric constant ILD, J. Park, S.-H. Yang, S. Lee, S. Sohn, K. Oh and J.-W. Park, J. Korea Vacuum Society, 7 (4), 368-373 (1998).
- Thermal Stability Enhancement of Cu/WN/SiOF/Si Multilayer by Post-Plasma Treatment of Fluorine-Doped Silicon Dioxide, S. Lee, D. J. Kim, S.-H. Yang, J. Park, S. Shon, K. Oh, Y.-T. Kim, J-Y. Kim, G.-Y. Yeom and J.-W. Park, J. Appl. Phys, 85, 473-477 (1998).
Patents / Technology disclosures:
- J. Griffith, J. Park, P. Narwankar, N. Nguyen, H. Nguyen, T. Chan, J. Xu, Methods and apparatus for cleaning substrate surfaces with atomic hydrogen, CN104025264A, US20130160794, WO2013096748 A1, US20150311061 (2015).
- J. Park, J. Griffith, P. Narwankar, M. Narasimhan, B. Zheng, Methods and apparatus for cleaning substrate structures with atomic hydrogen, WO 2014100047 A1 (2014).
- J. Park, J. Cruz, P. Narwankar, Methods for removing photoresist from substrates with atomic hydrogen, WO 2014164493 A1 (2014).
- J. Park, J. Cruz, P. Narwankar, Methods and apparatus for processing germanium containing material, a III-V compound containing material, or a II-VI compound containing material disposed on a substrate using a hot wire source, US 20140179110 (2014).
- S. Chatterjee, J. Park, Methods for cleaning a surface of a substrate using a hot wire chemical vapor deposition (HWCVD) chamber, US 20120312326 A1 (2011).
- A. Kummel, J. Park, Multi-rate resist method to form organic TFT contact and contacts formed by same, US20110108815 (2009).
- High-Efficiency Multi Quantum Well Blue LED Using 2D-SiC as an Active Material, 2021 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information & Communication Technology (ICEEICT) Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
- Single Ended Computational SRAM Bit-Cell, International Symposium on Signals, Circuits and Systems (ISSCS 2019), July 11, 2019 to July 12, 2019, Iasi, Romania.
- (Invited) Contacts with Nanocarbon Structures in Flexible Electronics, Jeongwon Park, Changjian Zhou, Cary Y. Yang, 2018 International Flexible Electronics Technology Conference (IFETC), August 7th to 9th, 2018 in Ottawa.
- (Invited) Carbon-based Nanostructures for Flexible Electronics, Jeongwon Park, Changjian Zhou, Cary Y. Yang, IEEE International Conferences on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits 2018, 6 June to 8 June 2018, Shenzhen, China.
- "(Invited) A Novel Approach to Clean Surface for High Mobility Channel Materials With in-Situ Atomic Hydrogen Clean", Park, Joe Griffith, Bo Zheng, Jerry Gelatos, Murali Narasimhan, Pravin K Narwankar, ECS Transactions, 58 (6) 275-280 (2013).
- Electrical and Structural Analysis of CNT-Metal Contacts in Via Interconnects, P. Wilhite, A. Vyas, J. Tan, and C. Y. Yang, P. Wang, Park, H. Ai, and M. Narasimhan, ICQNM 2013: The Seventh International Conference on Quantum, Nano and Micro Technologies (2013).
- Effects of Growth and Surface Cleaning Conditions on Strain Relaxation on SiGe Films beyond a Critical Thickness on Si (001) Substrate, Park, M. Ishii, R. Balasubramanian, Y. Kim and S. Kurpprao. ECS Transactions, 33 (6) 523-528 (2010).
- Electrical Transport in Carbon Nanotube Y-junctions- a Paradigm for Novel Functionality at the Nanoscale, Park, C. Daraio, A. Rao, P. Bandaru, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Vol. 922, 0922- U11-08, Materials Research Society (2006).
- Nanocarbon Electronics, ISBN: 9781003043089, Chapter 6. Nanocarbons for Flexible Sensing Applications, edited by Changjian Zhou , Min Zhang and Cary Y. Yang Jenny Stanford Publishing (2020).
Fall 2016- Winter 2019
Undergraduate engineering classes
- ELG 2138 Circuit Theory I (Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Fall 2018)
- ELG 2137 Circuit Theory II (Winter 2017, Winter 2018)
- ELG 3137 Fundamentals of Semiconductor Devices (Winter 2019)
Graduate engineering classes
- ELG 7132 Nanoelectronics (Winter 2018, Winter 2019)
Spring 2009- Spring 2016
Undergraduate engineering classes
- Electric Circuits I (Winter 2016)
- Introduction to Nanotechnology (Guest lecturer) for Spring 2009
- Nanoscale Science and Technology (Guest lecturer) for Fall 2009
Graduate engineering classes
- Nanoelectronics (Fall 2011, Spring 2014)
- Nanomaterials (Winter 2011, Winter 2012, Winter 2014, Spring 2016)
- Fundamentals of Semiconductor Physics (Summer 2009, Fall 2009 and Winter 2010)