Secondary Education and History, B.A.
Students who complete this Pack Teach Program will earn two degrees: the Bachelor of Arts in Education/Secondary Education and the Bachelor of Arts in History. This program provides students with a broad background in history and includes all coursework required to apply for a license to teach secondary social studies in Nevada. Students who successfully complete the program are prepared to pursue secondary school teaching, graduate school, or an immediate career in the field of social studies.
What Do History/Education Majors Study?
History majors take courses in the history and culture of Nevada, the Inquisition, the Middle East, Ancient Rome, Venice, the Aztecs, tourism in Hawaii, the civil rights movement, the Civil War and so much more. Then they take courses specifically designed to help them become excellent educators.
What Can I Do With A Bachelor's in History/Education?
History graduates have gone on go to excel in a wide range of exciting fields, including:
- Museum work
- Law - attorney, judge, municipal
- Teaching at all levels, from elementary to graduate, including teaching English abroad
Why Get a Bachelor's in History Here?
- History majors may focus on different time periods and regions, but they all learn to analyze sources critically. This critical analysis and our cutting edge programs, from reading and writing to digital history and museum studies, will prepare students to embark on an exciting career path.
- Faculty focus areas of which students could take courses in include: Africa, Asia, Eurasia, Europe, Latin American and the Caribbean, United States and Shared/Digital history.
If you're ready to declare Secondary Education and History as your major, or just have more questions, make an appointment to talk with an academic advisors from the College of Education or the College of Liberal Arts.
- College of Liberal Arts: (775) 682-8745 or email@example.com
- College of Education: 775) 784-4298 or firstname.lastname@example.org