Become an EMMF user
- Contact the facility at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the following:
- Instrument you need to access
- Name, department and PI information
- Review the EMMF policies and procedures
- Complete required University safety training
- Receive instrument training
Equipment scheduling and cancelation
- Users must reserve the equipment using the online scheduler prior to using the equipment.
- Users can only reserve time for themselves; booking on behalf of other users is NOT permitted.
- If users need the time beyond their reservation, users are required to extend the reservation using the online scheduler.
- Users are not allowed to use another user's session. If users cannot make their session, they must cancel their session and allow the other users to reserve a session under their name.
- Cancel your session 24 hours before the start of the reservation to minimize no-shows and allow other users to book and use the equipment during their canceled session.
- All users must have funding available to cover the fees for use of EMMF facilities, including Thermo Scientific Scios 2 FIB/SEM and FEI Talos F200s S/TEM.
- Billing closes on the last day of each month.
- The invoice of each month’s equipment usage will be sent out the first week of the following month.
- If there is a billing issue, please contact the facility at email@example.com.
- Users are required to report equipment problems immediately to the facility director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Users should never attempt to repair the equipment themselves.
- Equipment damages resulting from users’ negligence may be the responsibility of the users’ organization. Repair costs resulting from negligence may be charged to the users’ organization.