Prospective graduate students
There is an open position for a motivated graduate student who is interested in protein engineering to develop designer scaffolds and protein assemblies with applications in biomedicine, bioimaging, biomaterials, and biocatalysis. Prospective applicants should have a degree in chemical engineering, bioengineering, biochemistry and related fields. Applicants with skills and interest in protein engineering and design, including molecular biology, enzyme kinetics, protein biochemistry and structure, and cell-based assays are highly encouraged to apply for the position. Highly talented and motivated undergraduate students and visiting researchers are also welcome to our lab.
Interested applicants should email Dr. Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh at email@example.com and include a CV outlining research interests and skills as wells as list of references.
- Protein engineering
- Directed evolution
- Synthetic biology
- Protein assembly
- Enzymatic protein immobilization
- Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh, Kerrie Greene, Banumathi Sankaran, Derek C. Radisky, Evette S. Radisky, Directed Evolution of Metalloproteinase Inhibitor (TIMP-1) Reveals Cooperation Between Domains in Matrix Metalloproteinase Recognition, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 04/2019, 294(24) 9476 -9488
- Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh, Nikhil Patel, Sarah Cruise, Leila Owen, Hugh O'Neill, Eric T. Boder, Identifying Stable Fragments of Arabidopsis thaliana Cellulose Synthase Subunit 3 by Yeast Display, Biotechnology Journal, 09/2018; e1800353 (Front Cover).
- Evette S. Radisky, Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh, Derek C. Radisky: Therapeutic Potential of Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibition in Breast Cancer. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, 06/2017; 118(11):3531-3548.
- Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh, Ranganath Parthasarathy, Eric T. Boder: Fine-tuning Sortase-mediated Immobilization of Protein Layers on Surfaces using Sequential Deprotection and Coupling. Biotechnology Progress, 02/2017; 33(3): 824-83.
- Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh*, Emily Hartzell*, J. Vincent Price*, Wilfred Chen, Protein Nanoparticles as Multifunctional Biocatalysts and Health Assessment Sensors, invited review paper, Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering 08/2016; 13:109-118. (*: equal contribution)
- Heejae Kim, Ka‐Hei Siu, Maryam Raeeszadeh Sarmazdeh, Qing Sun, Qi Chen, Wilfred Chen: Bioengineering Strategies to Generate Artificial Protein Complexes. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 05/2015; 112(8).
- Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh, Ranganath Parthasarathy, Eric T. Boder: Site-specific Immobilization of Protein Layers on Gold Surfaces via Orthogonal Sortases. Colloids and surfaces B: Biointerfaces 04/2015; 128:457-63.
- Rosemary K. Le, Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh, Eric T. Boder, Paul D. Frymier: Sortase-Mediated Ligation of PsaE-Modified Photosystem I from Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 to a Conductive Surface for Enhanced Photocurrent Production on a Gold Electrode. Langmuir 12/2014; 31(3).
- Eric T. Boder, Maryam Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh, J Vincent Price: Engineering Antibodies by Yeast Display. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 03/2012; 526(2):99-106.