Repairs on Campus
Campus Bike Repair Station
Our new bicycle repair station is located between the Joe and the Knowledge Center (near the outside of the Knowledge Center rotunda). Find the exact location on our campus cycling map. You’ll find a set of basic tools and a pump.
- Phillips & standard screwdrivers
- Steel core tire levers (2)
- Headset/pedal wrench
- 8/10 mm cone wrench
- 9/11 mm cone wrench
- Torx T-25
- Hex key set
- Floor (stand) pump
A few of the basic things to check each time you ride are:
- Tires – Keeping proper air pressure will help you avoid flats.
- Brakes – Check that your brakes are engaged and functioning before you ride.
- Chain – Make sure your chain is always clean and lubed. Chains rust very quickly, especially outdoors!
It's good to carry a small repair kit with you when you ride. At the very least, have a spare tube for your tire, a pump and tire levers (these will help you remove your tire to access the tube) whenever you ride.
Here are some tips from other sources: