Wells Fargo banking option
Link your University of Nevada, Reno WolfCard to a voluntary Wells Fargo Everyday checking account
University of Nevada, Reno and Wells Fargo have teamed up to offer you optional added banking convenience with your linked UNR WolfCard. This program offers you choices - you can choose to open an account and you can choose to link that account to your WolfCard for banking access. Both optional services are available for your convenience.
Use your WolfCard as your official student ID, for campus privileges, and for your day-to-day financial needs on and off campus when it's linked to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account. Enjoy free access to cash at Wells Fargo ATMs nationwide and make purchases using your Personal Identification Number (PIN) with your linked UNR WolfCard.
A Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account offers you:
- Monthly service fee waived when linked to your UNR WolfCard
- Sending money to virtually anyone from your smartphone with Wells Fargo Surepay℠ service
- Quick and secure check deposits with our mobile apps
- Simple, secure access to your account with Wells Fargo Online® Banking
- Direct deposit of your financial aid disbursements and/or paychecks linking to your UNR WolfCard
For information about the major features and common fees of checking accounts offered through this program, please click on the links below:
See the Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule and Consumer Account Agreement for additional consumer account information.
Deposit products offered by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.
Linking your UNR WolfCard
- Getting Your Card:
- Visit the WolfCard ID Office in the Joe Crowley Student Union to have your picture taken and to pick up your card.
- Once you have it, bring it to the Wells Fargo banking location on campus or any nearby Wells Fargo banking location, to open a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account:
- Joe Crowley Student Union, 1st Floor
- See a banker to link your card to your new or existing Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.
- Wells Fargo Contract
- WolfCard Contract
University of Nevada, Reno receives financial support from Wells Fargo for services associated with the WolfCard to help offset costs. Students, faculty and staff are not required to open an account with Wells Fargo to receive or use the WolfCard for other campus services.
University of Nevada, Reno and Wells Fargo Campus Card Agreement
For the award year period of July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017:
- Total number of accounts: 14,915
- Total Accounts Mean and Median costs:
Mean - $48.70
Median - $7.00
- Total Consideration Received by Institution: $101,556
Royalties - $85,000
Operational Support - $6,556
Marketing - $10,000