Transfer to Nevada

If you're a student who has started their collegiate career at another institution and are thinking about transferring, the University of Nevada, Reno is a great destination. We are a top-tier institution that offers a memorable learning experience in a welcoming environment. As you consider your transfer options, you probably have numerous questions regarding the transfer of courses and credits, accessing financial aid, academic programs and opportunities, campus life and more. To start the process, book an appointment with a transfer advisor by using the button below:

Make an appointment with a transfer advisor

Transfer Student Admission Requirements

Learn about gaining admission to the University of Nevada, Reno as a transfer student, including details about transferable credits and admission deadlines.

Admission Requirements

Course Equivalency Tables and Transfer Agreements

As a transfer student, understanding which credits will transfer from your previous institution is an important first step in enrolling at the University of Nevada, Reno. You can use our Credit Equivalency Table to see what courses from your school have been evaluated for transfer to the University.

Depending on your current college, the University may have an existing transfer agreement. Transfer agreements outline the completion path for an associate and subsequent bachelor's degree.

Transfer Student Programs

Are you currently attending a community college in Nevada or California? The University offers a range of transfer programs to support students transitioning from an associate degree to a bachelor's degree program, including the Silver State Transfer Program and the Transfer Admission Program.

Learn about Transfer Student Programs

Military Credit and Transfer Student FAQ

In addition to coursework completed at four-year institutions and community colleges, the University also offers a variety of credit transfer options for military service. However, the University does not award credit for non-traditional learning experiences, such as continuing education program or courses taken at non-collegiate institutions (e.g. government agencies). Learn more about transferring military credit and guidelines for non-collegiate learning experiences below.

Military Credit and Non-Collegiate Prior Learning Experiences

Transfer Student FAQ

Why Transfer to the University of Nevada, Reno?

Are you currently attending another institution and considering transferring to the University of Nevada, Reno? We offer students a variety of enrollment options (e.g. co-admission), tuition support and other benefits to support their academic and professional goals.

Programs and Options for Transfer Students