The College advisors, located in the College of Liberal Arts Student Center, are year-round professional staff members whose primary role is academic advisement. College advisors are able to assist all students with a major or minor in liberal arts programs.
A College advisor can be particularly helpful with advising for:
- New students to the University (incoming freshmen/first-year students and new transfer students)
- Students changing their major into the College of Liberal Arts from another College/School at the University
- Questions regarding overall degree framework, including Silver Core Curriculum, foreign language, CLA breadth, or the minor requirements
- Students on academic probation
- Pre-graduation evaluations for students nearing the completion of their degree preparing to graduate
- General advising or exploration of liberal arts majors and minors
- When faculty advisors are not available (especially during winter or summer breaks)
First-year students generally meet with College advisors prior to their first semester at the University (at summer orientation) and throughout the first year.