Musical Theatre Audition Requirements
Live audition submission
For the 2022-23 audition season, on-campus auditions for the B.A.-Musical Theatre degree will be held Saturday, February 4, 2023. On-campus auditions are an opportunity to interact with our University of Nevada, Reno music theatre team. “Audition Day” will include group Q&A session for parents, students and faculty. Availability is on a “first come-first serve” basis.
To register for an on-campus audition, email CJ Greer.
On-campus audition requirements
Students should prepare two contrasting pieces:
- One song should be a ballad and one song should be an uptempo
- Cuts should not exceed a total of 90 seconds (think two 16-32 bar cuts totaling 90 seconds)
- One song should be written prior to 1970
- One song should be written after 1970 and contrast the style of the first
- One 60-second contemporary monologue (written during the 20th century-present) from a published play. Monologue cannot be from musicals, television shows, or movies.
Students will be taught a dance combination. Please bring appropriate attire for dance, including jazz shoes and character heels.
Video audition submission
If you are unable to attend the “live auditions,” you can still audition by video submission via Accept’d. The deadline for video submission auditions is March 1st.
Please include the following with your video audition:
- Video Audition Submission (The University of Nevada, Reno follows Accept’d Musical Theatre Common Pre-Screen regulations for their video audition submissions. Please note: this is not a pre-screen; this is a complete audition.
If you need a fee waiver to submit your materials, please email Accept'd to have your prescreen submission fee waived.