Black Culture Cooperative
The mission of University of Nevada's Black Culture Cooperative (BCC) is to increase the outreach, recruitment, retention and, ultimately, graduation rates of Black students. Our principle focus is creating a positive atmosphere for student learning in conjunction with facilitating regular social, educational and local outreach programs designed to raise student awareness, build community, and promote exploration of racial identity.
Explore below or visit The Center today to learn more about the BCC's high-energy, high-impact clubs and organizations.
- Outreach to high schools and middle schools
- Black History Month
- Black Graduates Celebration
- Black Youth Leadership Summit
- Black staff members
- Study space and Computer lab
- Assistance with selecting classes
- Assistance understanding financial aid requirements
- Academic support and referral (tutoring, advising etc.)
- Career advising and referral
Greek Letter Organizations
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated
- Lambda Phi Xi Multicultural Sorority Incorporated
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated Alumni Chapter
Clubs and Organizations
Ambition Beauty Leadership Equality Women of the University of Nevada, Reno. Faces of diversity for women who make a difference on campus and in the community.
Black Student Organization (@bsonevada)
Black Student Organization is here to make a change at the University of Nevada. Everyone is welcome!
An organization moving the student body and the community to make a change, one step at a time. Established by a self-motivated student Gregrette Perry, Sisters On a Move hopes to change young ladies lives in the Reno community.
Black and African American Links:
- Enrollment Trends Report Fall 2010
- BCC Production with Gospel Choir
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Black Alumni Association
For more information on the Black Culture Cooperative please contact Jody Lykes, M.A., at email@example.com