As I explore the cross-section of international relations, political science, and public health, my research focuses on learning and helping others to understand the political, legal, and commercial determinants of health - the impact of governance and trade on health policy implementation. My publications address questions related to the linkages between tobacco control regulations, the world trade system and IP rights.
Faculty mentor: Dr. Eric Crosbie
- Expected 2025, Doctor of Philosophy, Public Health with specialization in Social and Behavioral Health, School of Public Health, Reno, Nevada, USA.
- 2018, Master of Science, Global Health and Development, University College London, UK.
- 2018, Master of Science, Political Science and International Relations, Federal University of Paraiba, BR.
- 2016, Bachelor of Science, International Relations, Federal University of Paraiba, BR.
- 2015, Bachelor of Laws, International and Commercial Law, University Center of Joao Pessoa, BR.
- Laspau-administered Fulbright Scholarship (2021-2024) – State Department – USA.
- Dean`s Merit Scholarship (2021-2022) – University of Nevada, Reno – USA.
- Best Dissertation of the academic year (2018) – Postgraduate Program in Political Science and International Relations – Federal University of Paraiba, BRAZIL
- Chevening Scholarship (2017-2018) – Foreign and Commonwealth Office – FCO – UK.
- Honorable Mention (2013) In recognition of the work of excellence in the preparation for the 18th Inter-American Human Rights Court Contest – Department of International Law – Federal University of Paraiba – BRAZIL.
Selected presentations and publication
- BORGES, LUCIANA CORREIA; MENEZES, HENRIQUE ZEFERINO DE. Covid-19 and Tobacco Control. E-International Relations, ISSN 2053-8626, p. 1-5, 2020.
- BORGES, LUCIANA CORREIA; MENEZES, HENRIQUE ZEFERINO DE. Trump and the COVID-19 pandemic: nationalism, evasion and threats to multilateralism. Panorama EUA, v.11, p. 3-13, 2020.
- BORGES, LUCIANA CORREIA; MENEZES, HENRIQUE ZEFERINO DE; SOUZA, IELBO MARCUS LOBO DE. Dilemmas in the implementation of the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. Reports in Public Health. v.36, p.1/00136919-14, 2020.
- BORGES, LUCIANA CORREIA; MENEZES, HENRIQUE ZEFERINO DE; PRANDI, DANIELA. SDG 3 "Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages". The Sustainable Development Goals and International Relations. I ed. Joao Pessoa: UFPB, p.01-310, 2019.
- BORGES, LUCIANA CORREIA; MENEZES, HENRIQUE ZEFERINO DE; CARVALHO, PEDRO HENRIQUE. The International Intellectual Property Regime: USA normative imposition through TRIPS-plus provisions. Journal of International Studies. v.6, p.69-88, 2015.