I am interested in how attitudes, language, and social networks perpetuate processes of stigma and how stigma can operate as a barrier to care. My work centers around people who use drugs and communities at risk of HIV.
- Dr. Paul Devereux (advisor)
- Dr. Karla Wagner
- Dr. Jennifer Carson
- 2020: Graduate Student Association Research Grant Recipient
- 2019-20: Graduate Dean's Merit Scholarship Recipient
- 2019-20: Albert, Henry & Edith Scholarship Recipient
- 2018-19: Graduate Dean's Merit Scholarship Recipient
Selected presentations and publications
- Ecklund, E. H., Daniels, D., Bolger, D., & Johnson, L.M. (2020). A nationally representative survey of faith and work: Demographic subgroup differences around calling and conflict. Religions, 11(6), 287.
- Devereux, P.G., Kerwin, H., & Johnson, L.M. (2019) Colorectal cancer screening barriers and recommendations for successful interventions: Insights from a local Hispanic community. Nevada Journal of Public Health.
- Koch, B., Johnson, L.M., Green Jr., H.D., Pullen, E., & Wagner, K.D. (2020). Variable selection in causal inference with a binary outcome. Presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings (August, 2020) in virtual conference.
- Johnson, L.M., Green Jr., H.D., Koch, B., Stockman, J.K., Felsher, M., Roth, A.M., & Wagner, K.D. (Abstract accepted). Who can I ask? Who would I tell?: Describing social networks that may encourage or inhibit uptake of pre-exposure prophylaxis. To be presented at The International Sunbelt Social Network Conference (June 2020; Cancelled due to COVID) in Paris, FR.
- Johnson, L.M., Green Jr., H.D., Koch, B., Harding, R., Stockman, J.K. & Wagner, K.D. (November, 2019). Individual and social network correlates of medical mistrust among black women and their networks. University of Nevada, Reno Division of Health Sciences Symposium. Reno, Nevada.
- Johnson, L.M., Green, H.D., Koch, B., Harding, R., Moser, L., Stockman, J.K., & Wagner, K.D. (June, 2019) Medical mistrust and HIV testing: Exploring correspondence of belief and behavior within dyads. Presented at the International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, Montreal, CA.
2022 (anticipated) Ph.D. in Public Health with specialization in Social and Behavioral Health
2010 M.A. in Sociology, University of Georgia
2007 B.S. in Psychology, University of Georgia