- Ph.D., Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2014
- M.Ed., Kinesiology, Beijing Sport University, Beijing, China, 2009
- B.Ed., Kinesiology, Beijing Sport University, Beijing, China, 2006
You Fu, Ph.D., is an assistant professor in the School of Community Health Sciences. Dr. Fu’s research focuses on children and adolescent’s physical activity and fitness promotion, exercise motivation and motor skills development, and active video games in-classroom intervention. Dr. Fu’s research articles have been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals and conferences. He was the recipient of the 2017 Early Career Research Excellence Award from the International Chinese Society for Physical Activities and Health (ICSPAH), and two times (2015 and 2016) Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science “Reviewer of the Year” Award. Dr. Fu is an editorial board member of the Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, American Journal of Health Behavior, International Journal of Kinesiology and Sports Science, and an ad hoc reviewer of numerous scholarly peer-review journals and conferences.
- Development of school children's motivation and physical activity participation in physical education classes
- Impact of school physical education curricula on students' motivation, physical activity levels, fitness, motor skills, behavior and academic achievement/li>
- Physical activity and fitness promotion to prevent childhood overweight and obesity
- Fu, Y. & Burns, R. D. (2018). Effect of an Active Video Gaming Classroom Curriculum on Health-Related Fitness, School Day Step Counts, and Motivation in Sixth Graders. Journal of Physical Activity and Health.
- Fu, Y. & Burns, R. D. (2018). Demographic Characteristics Related to Motor Skills in Children Aged 5-7 Years Old. International Journal of Kinesiology and Sports Science, 6(2).
- Fu, Y. & Burns, R. D. (2018). Physical Activity and Motor Skills: Mediating Effect of Perceived Competence. Journal of Motor Learning and Development. doi: org/10.1123/jmld.2017-0043.
- Fu, Y. & Burns, R. D., Constantino, N. & Zhang, P. (2018). Differences in Step Counts, Motor Competence, and Enjoyment between an Exergaming Group and a Non-Exergaming Group. Games for Health Journal. (in press)
- Burns, R. D., Fu, Y., & Podlog, L. (2017). School-Based Physical Activity Interventions and Physical Activity Enjoyment: A Meta-Analysis. Preventive Medicine, 103, 84-90. doi: 10.1016/j.ypmed.2017.08.011
- Burns, R. D., Fu, Y., & Brusseau, T. A., & Constantino, N. (2017). A cluster analysis and validation of health-related fitness tests in college students. Journal of Physical Activity Research. 2(2), 73-79 doi: 10.12691/jpar-2-2-2.