Physical activity across the lifespan and the effects of hormones on bone density. She is currently working with Nutrition Education Research on a NIH funded grant working with overweight preschoolers and their overweight mothers to help prevent childhood obesity. Nora is seeking funding with Jeff Elias at the Sanford Center for Aging at the University of Nevada, Reno to determine some of the factors that cause seniors to become less active as the transition from living independently to assisted living facilities.
- Certified Instructor, CrossFit
- Brown-Gordon, K. V., Woodson, J. M., Constantino, N. L. 2010. Increasing Physical Activity in African Americans: A Multi-Faceted Approach. ACSM's Health and Fitness Journal. January 2010.
- Woodson, J. M., Black, J., Marinelli, R. D., Rye, A., Christiansen, E., Constantino, N. L. 2009. Challenges of Collaboration to Address Health Disparities in the Rapidly Growing Community of Las Vegas, Nevada. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 20(3), 824 - 830.
- Woodson, J. M., Christiansen, E., Rye, A., Black, J., Constantino, N. L., Marinelli, R. D. 2008. A Comparison of Findings From Community Health Surveys: 2001 and 2006 (ed.). University of Nevada Cooperative Extension.
- Lindsay, A. R., Constantino, N. L. 2008. Get Ready, Get Set, Let's Go! (ed.). University of Nevada Cooperative Extension.
- Constantino NL, & Sanders ME. 2005. Purposeful playground play. IDEA Fitness Journal. 2(6): 34-37.
- M Sanders, K Hills, N Constantino. 2003. Golden Wave, Water Fitness for Functional Health on Land. in eds. I Belz, c Glatz, & A Hofmann Lifetime Aquafitness. BOD: Stuttgart.
- Sanders, ME, NL, Constantino. 2003. Making a splash. The Journal on Active Aging, Vol. 2, Issue 1, pp. 34-38.
- Fredericks RS, Constantino NL. 2003. Skeletal Mineralization: Understood as the Integration of Proximate and Ultimate Causation. A Physiological Perspective. The Endocrinologist 13(5):381-393.
- Constantino, NL, Hills K, & Sanders ME. 2003. The H2O solution: water exercise and functional fitness. Journal of Active Aging, Vol. 2, Issue 1, pp. 28-32.
- M. Sigman-Grant, S. Martin, J. Benedict, N Constantino. 2002. Little Lives Inserts. Nurturing Partners: a guide to healthier babies. Birth to Eleven to Twelve Months. FS-02-71 to FS-02-82.
- Sanders, M and Constantino, N. 2002. Making Waves with Aquatic Training. Journal of Active Aging Vol.1, Issue 5, pp.40-44.
- Spoon MP, Devereux PG, Benedict JA, Leontos C, Constantino N, Christy D, Snow G. 2002. Usefulness of the Food Habits Questionnaire in a Worksite Setting. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior Vol. 34, pp. 268-272.
- Wiswell, RA, Hawkins, SA, Jaque, SV, Hyslop, D, Constantino, N, Tarpenning, K, Marcell, T, Schroeder, ET. 2001. Relationship between physiological loss, performance decrement, and age in master athletes. Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. Vol 56, Issue 10, pp. M618-26.
- Wiswell RA, Jaque SV, Marcell TJ, Hawkins SA, Tarpenning KM, Constantino NL, Hyslop DM. June, 2000. Maximal aerobic power, lactate threshold, and running performance in master athletes. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 32(6):1165-1170.
- Hawkins SA, Wiswell RA, Jaque SV, Constantino NL, Marcell TJ, Tarpenning KT, Schroeder ET, Hyslop DM. September, 1999. The inability of hormone replacement therapy or chronic running to maintain trabecular bone mass in master athletes. Journal of Gerontology 1999 Sep;54(9):M451-5.
- Spoon M, Constantino N, Benedict J, Snow G, Leontos C, Christy D, Bitonti C, Klomp S. 1999. Health at Work a worksite health promotion curriculum. The University of Nevada Cooperation Extension.
- Artal, R. Fortunato, V. Welton, A. Constantino, N. Khodigiuian, N. Villalobos, L. and Wiswell, R. 1995. A Comparison of Cardiopulmonary adaptations to exercise in pregnancy at sea level and altitude. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 172:1170-80.
- Rosas, T. & Constantino, N. 1992. Exercise as a treatment modality to maintain normoglycemia in gestational diabetes. The Journal of Peri Neonatal Nutrition, 6(1):14-24.
- Lindsay, A. R., Constantino, N. L. Get Ready, Get Set, Let's Go!: A Model for Promoting Physical Activity. ACSM's Health and Fitness Journal. In review.
- Constantino, N. L., Fleming, N., Robert, F. S. Metabolic Syndrome. The Endocrine Clinics, In review.
- PhD, University of Southern California