- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (775) 682-7101
- Office: Lombardi Recreation Center Room 220
- Website: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Michelle_Granner
- PhD, Public Health; Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior, University of South Carolina
- MS, Nutrition and Food Sciences, Florida State University
- BA, Kinesiology, University of Colorado
Health communication, CBPR, evaluation, physical activity, nutrition, social and emotional health.
Nevada Women's Health Initiative: Mobile Health Intervention for Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening
NV State Attorney's Office (PI: Spogen)
- Tung WC, Lu M, Granner ML. In Press. Decisional Balance and Stage of Change for Cervical Cancer Screening among Chinese American Women/. Oncology Nursing Forum.
- Tung WC, Granner ML, Lu M, Qiu X. In Press. Predictors of cervical cancer screening for Chinese American women. European Journal of Cancer Care.
- Wilcox S, Sharpe PA, Turner-McGrievy G, Granner ML, Baruth M. . Frequency of consumption at fast-food restaurants is associated with dietary intake in overweight and obese women recruited from financially disadvantaged neighborhoods. Nutrition Research 2013;33(8):636-646.
- Granner ML, Evans AE. . Measurement properties of several psychosocial and family environmental measures related to fruit and vegetable intake among middle school adolescents. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior 2012;44(1): 2-11.
- Wilcox S, Shape PA, Parra-Medina D, Granner ML, Hutto B. . A Randomized Trial of a Diet and Exercise Intervention for Overweight and Obese Women from Economically Disadvantaged Neighborhoods: Sisters Taking Action for Real Success (STARS). Contemporary Clinical Trials 2011;32(6): 931-945.
- Granner ML, Evans AE. . Variables associated with fruit and vegetable intake in adolescents. American Journal of Health Behavior 2011;35(5): 591-602.
- Granner ML, *Mburia-Mwalili A. . Correlates of television viewing among African American and Caucasian women. Women & Health 2010; 50(8): 783-794.
- Sharpe PA, Burroughs, EL, Granner ML, Wilcox S, Hutto BE, Bryant CA, Peck L, Pekuri L. . Impact of a Community-Based Prevention Marketing intervention to promote physical activity among middle-aged women. Health Education and Behavior; 37(3): 403-423.
- Granner ML, Sharpe PA, Burroughs E, Fields R, Hallenbeck J. . Newspaper content analysis in evaluation of a community-based participatory project to increase physical activity. Health Education Research 2010; 25(4): 656-667.
- Sharpe, PA, Granner ML, Hutto B, Peck L, Wilcox S, Addy CL. . Correlates of physical activity among African American and Caucasian women. American Journal of Health Behavior; 32(6):701-713.
- Hutto B, Sharpe PA, Granner ML, Addy CL, Hooker SP. . Effect of question order on reporting PA and walking behavior. Journal of Physical Activity and Health; 15(1s):s16-s29.
- Peck LE, Burroughs EL, Sharpe PA, Granner ML. . Recruitment Strategies and Costs for a Community-Based Physical Activity Program. Health Promotion Practice; 9(2): 191-198.
- Sharpe PA, Williams HG, Granner ML, Hussey JR. . A randomized study of the effects of massage therapy compared to guided relaxation on well-being and stress perception among older adults. Complementary Therapies in Medicine; 15(3):157-163.
- Granner ML, Sharpe PA, Hutto B, Wilcox S, Addy CL. . Perceived Individual, Social, and Environmental Factors for Physical Activity and Walking. Journal of Physical Activity and Health; 4(3):278-293.
- Sharpe PA, Granner ML, Conway J, Ainsworth BE, *Dobre M, Burroughs EL. . Availability of weight-loss supplements: Results from an audit of retail outlets in a southeastern city, SC. Journal of the American Dietetic Association; 106(12): 2045-2051.
- *Paxton RJ, Sharpe PA, Granner ML, Hutto B. . Association of sociodemographic variables and community environment to use of public parks and trails for physical activity. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education; 43(4):108-116.
- Wilcox S, Sharpe PA, Hutto B, Granner ML. . Psychometric properties of the Self-Efficacy for Exercise Questionnaire in a diverse sample of men and women. Journal of Physical Activity and Health; 2(3):285-297.
- Burroughs E, Peck LE, Sharpe PA, Granner ML, Bryant CA, Fields R. . Using focus groups in the consumer research phase of a social marketing program to promote moderate intensity physical activity. Preventing Chronic Disease; 3(1).
- Sharpe PA, Granner ML, Hutto B, Ainsworth BE, Cook A. . Association of body mass index to meeting physical activity recommendations. American Journal of Health Behavior; 28(6):522-530.
- Sharpe PA, Granner ML, Hutto B, Ainsworth BE. . Association of environmental factors to meeting physical activity recommendations in two counties in South Carolina. American Journal of Health Promotion; 18(3):251-257.
- Granner ML, Sharpe PA. . Evaluating community coalition or partnership functioning: A summary of measurement tools. Health Education Research; 19(5):514-532.
- Granner ML, Sargent RG, Calderon KS, Hussey JR, Evans AE, Watkins KW. . Factors of fruit and vegetable intake by race, gender, and age among young adolescents. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior; 36(4):173-180.
- Granner ML, Sharpe PA. . Monitoring physical activity: uses and measurement issues with automated counters. Journal of Physical Activity and Health; 1:131-141.
- Granner ML, Black DR, Abood DA. . Levels of cigarette and alcohol use related to eating disorder attitudes. American Journal of Health Behavior; 26(1):43-55.
- Sharpe PA, Vaca V, Granner ML, Greaney ML, Sargent R, Rheaume C. . Body size perceptions and preferences of older African-American women. Journal of Nutrition for the Elderly; 21(2):39-56.
- Granner ML, Liguori G, Kirkner GJ, Ainsworth BA. . Health care provider counseling for physical activity among black and white South Carolinians. Journal of the South Carolina Medical Association; 97(8):338-341.
- Granner ML, Abood DA, Black DR. . Racial differences in eating disorder attitudes, cigarette, and alcohol use. American Journal of Health Behavior; 25(2):83-99.