Dr. Elliott is an epidemiologist with specialization in environmental and occupational health. After obtaining graduate degrees at the University of North Carolina School of Public Health, she completed a research fellowship at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. With joint appointments in the Laboratory of Respiratory Biology and the Department of Epidemiology, her research focused on respiratory effects of environmental and occupational exposures. Dr. Elliott continued research in these same areas during academic appointments at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Community Health Sciences and the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health until moving to France. While living abroad, she developed substantial experience in online education and brings her experience to the University of Nevada Reno's online MPH program. She also has international experience in teaching and research as a consultant for the International Prevention Research Institute (Ecully, France) and adjunct faculty at the Asian Institute of Public Health (Bhubaneswar, India).
- Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology
- Respiratory Disease
- Childrens Health
- Agricultural Health and Safety
- Elliott L & Loomis, D. 2020. Respiratory effects of road pollution in recreational cyclists: a pilot study. Archives of Environmental & Occupational Health. DOI: 10.1080/19338244.2020.1787316
- Loomis D, Richardson D, Elliott, L. 2019. Quantitative relationships of exposure to chrysotile asbestos and mesothelioma mortality. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 62:471-477.
- Chatterjee S, Chattopadhyay A, Senapati SN, Samanta DR, Elliott L, Loomis D, Mery L, Panigrahi P. Cancer Registration in India - Current Scenario and Future Perspectives Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17(8):3687-96.
- Elliott J and Von Essen S. 2016. COPD in farmers: What have we learnt? European Respiratory Journal. 47:16-18.
- Loomis D, Dement J, Elliott L, Richardson D, Kuempel E, Stayner L. 2012. Increased lung cancer mortality among chrysotile asbestos textile workers is more strongly associated with exposure to long thin fibres. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 69:564-568.
- Elliott L, Loomis D, Dement J, Hein M, Richardson D, Stayner L. 2012. Lung cancer mortality and chrysotile asbestos exposure among workers in North Carolina and South Carolina asbestos textile plants. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 69:385-390.
- Elliott, L, Loomis D, Lottritz L, Slotnick N, Okie E, Todd R. 2009. Case-control study of a gastroschisis cluster in Nevada. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. 163(11):1000-1006.
- Elliott L., Loomis D., Bridgforth A**, O’Mara S**, Minarik M, Brock L, Hansen B**, Louderback K**. 2009. First-year compliance with the Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act. Journal of the Nevada Public Health Association. 6(1):1 -9.
- Elliott L and Loomis D. 2008. Air fresheners in vehicles as a source of ethnic differences in exposure to 1,4- dichlorobenzene. Epidemiology. Vol. 19, No. 1.
- Elliott L, Henderson J, Northstone K, Chiu G, Dunson D, London S. 2008. Prospective study of breastfeeding in relation to wheeze, atopy, and bronchial hyperresponsiveness in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC). Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 122:49-54.
- Elliott L, Arbes S, Harvey E, Lee R, Salo P, Cohn R, London S, Zeldin D. 2007. Dust weight and asthma prevalence in the National Survey of Lead and Allergens in Housing (NSLAH). Environmental Health Perspectives. 115: 215–220.
- Elliott L, Longnecker M, Kissling G, London S. 2006. Volatile organic compounds and pulmonary function in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988-1994. Environmental Health Perspectives. 114:1210-4.
- Elliott L, Heederik D, Marshall S, Peden D, Loomis D. 2005. Incidence of Laboratory Animal Allergy. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 62. 766-771.
- Arbes SJ, Gergen PJ, Elliott L, Zeldin DC. 2005. Prevalences of positive skin test responses to 10 common allergens in the US population: Results from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Vol. 116, No. 2. 377-383.
- Elliott L, Heederik D, Marshall S, Peden D, Loomis D. 2005. Progression of self-reported symptoms in laboratory animal allergy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Vol. 116, No. 1. 127-132.
- Loomis D, Richardson DB, Elliott L. 2005. Poisson regression analysis of ungrouped data. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 62, No. 5. 325-329.
- Elliott L, Yeatts K, Loomis D. 2004. Ecological associations of reduced asthma prevalence with farming and livestock. European Respiratory Journal. Vol. 24, No. 6. 938-941.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship: National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- PhD, Epidemiology, University of North Carolina School of Public Health
- MPH, Occupational Health, University of North Carolina School of Public Health
- BA, Zoology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill