Experimental & Theoretical Physics
The Department of Physics at the University of Nevada, Reno specializes in atomic, molecular, optical and chemical physics, high energy density and plasma physics, condensed matter physics, and atmospheric sciences. Faculty and students benefit from close collaborations with national and international laboratories.
Department News & Upcoming Events
- For any enrollment questions or conflicts with registration, including waiving prerequisites or changing a lab, please e-mail email@example.com. In your email, be sure to include your full name, NSHE ID, class and/or lab section number.
- Summer S1 2019 Lab Manuals - SUMMER S1 LABS START JUNE 10
- Summer S2 2019 Lab Manuals - SUMMER S2 LABS START JULY 15
- Physics Help Center: Summer 2019 Hours
- Goudsmit Conference Room 208, Leifson Physics Room 110, Leifson Physics Room 111
The Department of Physics offers undergraduate and graduate degrees with numerous areas of specialty such as molecular physics, molecular, astronomy and more.
The Nevada Terawatt Facility is the department's premier experiment facility.