The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Accessibility Committee of the University of Nevada, Reno coordinates and has oversight of University efforts to ensure compliance with the University Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Accessibility Policy (7,007), the Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents Policy for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Accessibility (Title 4, Chapter 8, Section 15), and all applicable federal and state laws governing access by an individual with a disability to ICT at postsecondary institutions.
The committee is chaired by the University’s Vice Provost for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer. The Vice Provost and CIO has the responsibility to identify resources to support the work of the committee and all other commitments relating to ICT.
The committee is charged with developing guidelines, implementation strategies, tools, and resources to ensure accessibility of Information and Communication Technology campus-wide. The committee shall have the responsibility and authority to:
- Establish and retain membership
- Recommend policy changes
- Recommend procedural changes
- Form subcommittees and working groups with members and/or other stakeholders as needed, to carry out its responsibilities
- Recommend an accessibility budget
- Make regular reports to University Leadership on progress, challenges, and recommendations
Learn more about Accessibility