Phil Pavilionis is a lecturer in the School of Public Health and a doctoral student in the Integrative Neuroscience Program. Phil is a certified athletic trainer and strength and conditioning specialist. He works in the Neuromechanics Lab under the advisement of Dr. Nicholas Murray. He also serves as the Nevada Sports Medicine Clinical Instructor and is the Outreach Coordinator for Neuromechanics Lab Sports Medicine Program.
Phil’s primary research lies with the study of concussion evaluation and treatment methods as well as concussion prevention methods from clinical and practical stand point.
- Ph.D. student - University of Nevada, Reno, Integrative Neuroscience Program, 2019
- M.S., Exercise Science, California University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- B.S, Health Sciences, University of Nevada, Reno, 1995
- Athletic Injuries: Functional Taping and Bracing. 1st Ed. Cognella, 2019
- Athletic Injuries
- Motion Analysis
- Training and Conditioning Principles
- Teaching Physical Education to Elementary School Students