- 1987 BSc (Hons) Physiological Zoology University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 1988 MSc Surgery University of Alberta,Edmonton, Canada
- 1991 MD/PhD Neuroscience University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Recent presentations and visiting professor lectures
- November 2018
- University of Iowa, Neuroscience SeminarSeries Title: Oddments of K+ channel functions in hair cells and auditory neuron properties that shape the speed of hearing
- July 2018
- University College of London, London,UK
- Title: The speed of electromotility as defined by K v 7.4 channels and the properties of type II neurons in the post-hearing cochlea.
- June 2018
- Neuroscience Seminar Series, University of Bordeaux,Bordeaux, France Title: The physical qualities of hair cells and auditory neurons that determine their fast temporal processing
- February 2018
- Invited Keynote Symposium Speaker, 41st AnnualMid-WinterMeeting Association for Research in Otolaryngology San Diego,CA.
- Title: Precise positioning of ion channels in post-hearing auditory neurons and their distinct anatomical structure determine the speed of impulses to the brain
- September 2017
- School of Medicine, Northeast Ohio MedicalUniversity.
- Title: The Remarkable physical properties of hair cells and auditory neurons
Selected recent publications
- Reijntjes OJ Daniël, Lee Jeong Han, Park Seojin, Schubert MA Nick, Tuinen van Marcel, Vijayakumar Sarath, Jones A Timothy, Jones M. Sherri, Gratton MA, Xia Xiao-Ming, Yamoah EN, Pyott J. S. 2019. Sodium-activated potassium channels shape peripheral auditory function and activity of the primary auditory neurons in mice. Scientific Report.Accepted.
- Haitao Shen, Weilin Liu, Qiaowei Geng, Hongchen Li, Mingshun Lu, Peng Liang, Bo Zhang, Yamoah EN, Ping Lv. 2018. Alteration of HCN channels in spiral ganglion neurons involved in age-related hearing loss. Frontiers Neuroscience DOI:10.3389/fnagi.2018.00353.
- Yan Yu, Bing Hu, Jianxin Bao, Jessica Mulvany, Eric Bielefeld, Ryan T. Harrison, Sarah A. Neton, Partha Thirumala, Yingying Chen, Debin Lei, Ziyu Qiu, Qingyin Zheng, Jihao Ren, Maria Cristina Perez-Flores, Yamoah EN, Pezhman Salehi. 2018. Otoprotective effects of Stephania tetrandra S. Moore herb isolate against acoustic trauma. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. doi: 10.1007/s10162-018-00690-3
- Xiaodong Zhang, Zana A Coulibaly, John Chen, Hannah Aizad Ledford, Jeong Han Lee, Padmini Sirish, Zhong Jian, Frank Chuang, Yamoah EN, Ye Chen-Izu, Leighton T Izu, Chiamvimonvat N. 2018. Coupling of SK channels, L-type Ca 2+ channels, and ryanodine receptors in cardiomyocytes. Scientific Report. Mar 16;8(1):4670. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-22843-3.
- Sirish P, Ledford HA, Timofeyev V, Thai PN, Ren L, Park S, Lee JH, Dai G, Moshref M, Sihn C-R, Chen WC, Timofeyeva MV, Jian Z, Shimkunas R, Izu LT, Chiamvimonvat N, Chen-IzuY, Yamoah EN, Zhang XD. 2017. Action potential shortening and impairment of cardiac function by ablation of Slc26a6. Circulation Arrhythmia Electrophysiology. Oct;10(10). pii:e005267
- Zhang Z, Ledford HA, Park S, Wang W, Rafizadeh S, Kim HJ, Xu W, Lu L, Lau VC, Knowlton AA, Zhang XD, Yamoah EN, Chiamvimonvat N. 2016. Distinct subcellular mechanisms for the enhancement of the surface membrane expression of SK2 channel by its interacting proteins, α- actinin2 and filamin A. Journal of Physiology. 595(7):2271-2284.
- Lee JH, Sihn C, Wang W, Flores CM, Yamoah EN. 2016. In Vitro Functional Assessment of Adult Spiral Ganglion Neurons (SGNs). Methods in MolecularBiology.1427:513-23.
- Levic S, Yamoah EN. 2016. Method for Dissecting the Auditory Epithelium (Basilar Papilla) in Developing Chick Embryos. Methods in Molecular Biology.1427:463-70.
- Sirish P, Li N, Timofeyev V, Zhang XD, Wang L, Yang J, Lee KS, Bettaieb A, Ma SM, Lee JH, Su D, Lau VC, Myers RE, Lieu DK, López JE, Young JN, Yamoah EN, Haj F, RipplingerCM, Hammock BD, Chiamvimonvat N. 2016. Molecular Mechanisms and New Treatment Paradigm for Atrial Fibrillation. Circ. Arrhythm Electrophysiol. May;9(5). pii:e003721.