The Geog-Grad Club’s mission is to bring together graduate students within the Department of Geography and those from other disciplines at the University interested in geography and the activities of the club. The club has several goals; (i) outdoor activities that promote understanding of the environment and how we fit within it, (ii) public service for improving the environment and doing good for the community at many scales, and (iii) providing opportunities for students and members of the community to meet, share, and work together both for career development and community and environmental improvement.
The club meets 1-2 times per month to discuss activities such as fundraisers, geography awareness events, outdoor excursions, social gatherings, colloquium speakers, undergraduate recruitment, departmental matters, and of course—geography!
- President: Heather L Benson
- Fundraising Committee: Jonathan DeBoer, Lauren Phillips, Aimee Krafft
- Events Committee: Masha Sadeghpour, Cedar Briem, Jeff Best
- Colloquium Speaker Committee: Victoria Harris, Ally Xyooj, Antoinette Serrato
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Kerri Jean Ormerod